Quote Originally Posted by Henry Suryo View Post
Hi Phil, that looks great and rigid. A few years back I built a 11x14 horizontal only back based on a Fidelity holder for my 8x10 Agfa Commercial View. The Agfa has beefy components which I thought could handle the enlarged back. I did away with the original back tilt for extra rigidity. The 7.5" square lens panel is big enough to allow offset mounting so at zero position the lens could be on axis and for my wide angle settings I could mount both my Protar V and Dagor together and rotate them around. At long end, it can handle the 23" cell of my Protar VII with the built in extension track. This was fairly manageable in the field, but has been on a hiatus unfortunately due to lack of darkroom space since my move to the UK. But hopefully not for much longer!
Is it actually a Commercial View? I appreciate you've added new bellows/back but the Commercial View has 36" extension. The Universal View looks the same but doesn't have the extra extension, and later ones had the front tilt. I have both, excellent cameras and you're right they are very solid.

Ian