Page 169 of 427 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 4262

Thread: Show off your Large Format camera!

Re: Show off your camera!

Today in Benidorm, Alicante (Spain) with my Wehman 8x10 shooting some swimmers. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373049118.094233.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	98250

Here's a quick shot of probably my last two Aero Speed cameras, a la David Burnett, that I've built.
    These are #6 and #7. The first 5 I built went to homes all over the world - one to France, one to China, and one to Australia. Oh, and one went to a famous photographer in New York.

I do have one more camera with a 6" Aero lens that I may keep for myself still in the machine shop, getting finished.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Lee Smathers

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Here's a quick shot of probably my last two Aero Speed cameras, a la David Burnett, that I've built.
    These are #6 and #7. The first 5 I built went to homes all over the world - one to France, one to China, and one to Australia. Oh, and one went to a famous photographer in New York.

I do have one more camera with a 6" Aero lens that I may keep for myself still in the machine shop, getting finished.
    I want one!

Corran, is the Cambridge lens the one you got from me, if so, how is the quality of the images you get? That was a hefty chunk of glass that was too much for my field camera.

Those are very nice. I didn't know you sell so many!

Makes me want to mount up my PAC 75mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post

Tin Can

Sorry for the Double post.

I love the hell out of this camera, is it for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan 717 View Post
    My custom 617.

Please excuse the image quality. Like me, it's better in behind the camera, rather than being it!

Lee - if you are at all interested, let me know. These both will be put on eBay within the week here probably (just making a couple test images to sweeten the ad). I will of course cut you a deal .

Pat, yes I think the Harvard lens is yours, it's been kicking around for a little while as I hadn't decided what to do with it. I was thinking about getting it repaired for a while. It turned out to make exactly the same image as any of the other AE's I've used, so I decided not to bother (if it was even possible). It might be 5% more "glowy" if anything.

Randy, I'm not quite to the level of "mass-manufacturing" yet . I first built one for myself, learning everything there was to know about the internal workings of the Kalart RF and of course how to modify the Speed. Upon using it a few times, the 20+ lb camera really put me off, so I sold it. I was surprised at the level of interest it received on eBay, and I still get hundreds of hits on my blog from the one entry I posted about the camera and some images. I then happened upon a couple more lenses on eBay for cheap and started to build more cameras, and they sold faster than I could keep up. I bet that PAC would be some impressive glass!

Here's a quick test Fujiroid I shot in the waning daylight earlier. Wide-open, of course, focused using the RF (!). Just a digital photo of the print:
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

@ Brian Nice image. I get some humor out of us shooting digital copies of our analog work. I have done it also. I have a big light table and I can see me doing it often with negs bigger than 8x10.
    Tin Can

Your Aero Speed cameras look great!

I've been at the former Loring AFB this weekend. It was a big air base vital to the strategic air command and it's fairly remote. Old bases' security and upkeep gets kind of in limbo after it's retired and before it's sufficiently redeveloped. I wandered around for a bit, and thought it would be fun to shoot some 8x10 LF there, some 4x5 LF, some MF, and some IR digital... I'd like to return sometime when it's not so hot out.

Never thought I'd get to use a jet blast shield for a photo prop. B&J 8x10, kodak 305 portrait. I did shut the car door for the photo; this is when I started to pack up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130713_163056.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	98763