Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ever feel really STUPID???

Re: Ever feel really STUPID???

I'm very new to LF....

First time I took my Shen Hao out (last week) it took me so long to get the correct movements the sun went down.

Sit on the sofa. Turn on the TV. Set up the camera and just spend an hour playing with it useing the TV as a focal point. Go through all the movements until they are natural to the touch. When you go out to shoot start with focus only and maybe add front tilt at first. Add multipul movements one at a time and you won't become overwhelmed.

PS. I still miss shots on days I just don't get the movements right. It can be a frusterating learning curve but worth it.

Jean-Louis Llech

All photographers are always little children in front of a X'mas tree when they have a new camera or photo gear in their hands. Did you already see a child carefully reading his new toy's user manual ?
    I always read carefully all manuals or instructions leaflets even before buying a camera or another piece of gear. The best way to see if it will answer to my needs. (That's also why I have a huge collection of manuals).
    Then I spend several hours or days to "play" with it at home before trying it in real conditions.

And paradoxically, all mistakes begin immediately after that. That's probably one of the first laws of mankind.

Nevertheless, I am SOoooo happy to learn (wow, "learn", what a funny word here) that I am only a tiny member of an immense confraternity. Thanks so much, brothers !

A software is always installed into the computer, not in the user's brain.
    Happily, computers have no sense of humour : otherwise they would spend more time laughing at us than doing the job.