Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Social Commentary

Social Commentary

How about photographs that are indicative of current social commentary. That could include but not be limited to the living conditions of migrant workers, eating habits of overweight Americans, evidence of inequality between genders or races, gasoline prices etc. I will begin this with a photograph that I made in the hometown of John McCain.

Re: Social Commentary

I just thought of something! Maybe if we make really beautiful photos of nature then our politicians will realize the power of all that beauty and work to prevent global warming, save the environment, and expand the National Parks system! We could do books!

First photo is the poignant story of a farm for sale. The farm is owned by overweight, gendered, unequal Americans who want to make money from Ethanol and exploit migrant workers.

The second photo wrenches our hearts because shouldn't we know by now? You can't lock Mother Nature up like that! It just ain't right man...

Third is the folly of overweight, gendered Americans consuming vast resources so they can appreciate the beauty of the Maroon Bells with all the comforts of their suburban lifestyle. THIS IS IRONY folks! Just like an MFA student might do.

Last is an exploited gendered factory worker being kept down by the MAN. Check out the shit eating grin on that suit as he dominates that poor woman and keeps her in her place.

Viva La Revolución!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    I know, maybe if we make really beautiful photos of nature our politicians will realize the power of all that beauty and work to prevent global warming, save the environment, and expand the National Parks system!

First is a poignant photo of a farm for sale. The farm is owned by overweight, gendered, unequal Americans who want to make money from Ethanol and exploit migrant workers.

The second photo wrenches our hearts because shouldn't we know by now? You can't lock Mother Nature up like that! It just ain't right man...
    ROTFLMAO!

Yai and Ja two burnt out Sex Workers, Thailand 2007.

www.gerryyaum.com

http://gerryyaum.com/sex%20worker4.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    I just thought of something! Maybe if we make really beautiful photos of nature then our politicians will realize the power of all that beauty and work to prevent global warming, save the environment, and expand the National Parks system! We could do books!

First photo is the poignant story of a farm for sale. The farm is owned by overweight, gendered, unequal Americans who want to make money from Ethanol and exploit migrant workers.

Third is the folly of overweight, gendered Americans consuming vast resources so they can appreciate the beauty of the Maroon Bells with all the comforts of their suburban lifestyle. THIS IS IRONY folks! Just like an MFA student might do.

Last is an exploited gendered factory worker being kept down by the MAN. Check out the shit eating grin on that suit as he dominates that poor woman and keeps her in her place.

Viva La Revolución!
    Frank you outdid yourself this time...LMAO

Donald, what does LMAO abbreviate?

Thanks,
    CEC

Thanks,
    CEC

In My Arrogant Opinion
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure... Life is either daring adventure or nothing: Helen Keller.

.... and this one's in George W's window.

Thanks, very good, a Google search did not provide the answer. Actually, I was looking up an L. You may have created a new netiquette shorthand. This is the closest I could find. IMNSHO = In My Not So Humble Opinion. Ref: http://tinyurl.com/2wg32v

Yes, agree with you regarding the original post, not trying to be a SAP.

best,
    cec

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Carstensen View Post

Thanks,
    CEC
    L.aughing M.y A.ss O.ff