Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh ***t !!!

Re: Oh ***t !!!

Thinking of Drew's suggestion, I took a look on ebay.de

http://cgi.ebay.de/2-Stueck-Plaubel-...QQcmdZViewItem

Interesting that they're Fidelities, suggests that you might want to look for 13x18 instead of 5x7 holders. But I don't know enough to be sure of that.

Early Peco's where equipped with backs for single film holders, specially for the format 13x18cm. This holders where common in the fifties and sixties, also used with early Linhof cameras. So you have two options: look for single film holders or for an international back 5x7"/13x18cm.

Peter K

IMO you have 5x7 holders and 13x18 darkslides, they are larger, look for 5x7 ones.
    Fidelity this size holders are all named "5x7", and the real size is added "5x7", "13x18" or "11,5x16,5".
    Regards
    Martin

I asked a related question about single sheet film holders for Plaubel cameras here recently. It is not easy to find them these days. It might be easier to buy an international back for the Plaubel. Too bad, I have both backs for my 5x7 Profia, and I like the older one far better.

Thanks everyone.
    I emailed Plaubel. They can send me a new updated back (they think mine is 1954) but the cost is EUR 430. The £ isn't to bright against the Euro right now so I think that is out of the question. If this camera is circa late 50's early 60's what a credit to their engineering. Much better than later Sinars I have used and better than the Linhof baseboard I once owned. Still Euro 430 + shipping is more than the camera is worth.
    It isn't possible to machine off any metal looking at the construction of the back.
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

Kevin.

Another idea would be to modify a modern 5x7 back to fit the camera. I modified an old metal Arca(?) 5x7 back to fit a Toyo 5x7 metal field. It was a pain, but it was doable. I'm sure Richard Ritter could do the same for you, and while it wouldn't cheap, I can't imagine the cost being anything near 430 Euro.

Also, it still might be possible to modify your existing back. I'd send it to Richard and let him choose the best option.
    They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea.
    -Francis Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Miksch View Post
    IMO you have 5x7 holders and 13x18 darkslides, they are larger, look for 5x7 ones.
    Fidelity this size holders are all named "5x7", and the real size is added "5x7", "13x18" or "11,5x16,5".
    Regards
    Martin
    Hi,
    13x18 and 5x7 are same external dimensions, only the film area is different.

Thanks,

Kevin.

Thumbs up Re: Oh ***t !!!

Looks like a happy ending (fingers crossed) Plaubel is doing me a deal on an ex-demo.
    We have been sending emails back and forth, I have to say they have been a lovely company to deal with, I will look very favourably on any other Plaubel products that cross my path.

Thanks all,

Kevin.