Thread: ULF at workshop

In the desert...

Smile ULF at workshop

I will be attending Sandy Kings"s Carbon printing / Kallitype workshop at the Formulary at the end of June.

If anyone is interested in getting a hands on close up relationship with some ULF cameras I will bring some along.

Sandy's Carbon prints are the most beautiful I have seen. I have been waiting for this opportunity to take this class with Sandy and I am a returnee to the Formularly workshops. If you haven't registered yet, and would like to get in this workshop, now is the time, housing at the Formulary is nearly full as of this morning. Give Sherry a call 406-754-2891 and get the latest info.

If you haven't attended a class at the Formulary, the facilities-darkrooms, labs, housing, food, are absolutely first class-a good way to go!

Hope to meet you in Montana!

Dave in Vegas
    Last edited by Dave Wooten; 6-May-2008 at 10:27. Reason: apalin spelun

Re: ULF at workshop

Dave,

Send me a note as this gets closer, I would love to meet a few more LF guys down there, I am only about a hour north of Formulary, and met Sandy and a Ron a couple of years ago..

satinsnowglass@yahoo.com

Dave

In the desert...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    Dave,

Send me a note as this gets closer, I would love to meet a few more LF guys down there, I am only about a hour north of Formulary, and met Sandy and a Ron a couple of years ago..

satinsnowglass@yahoo.com

Dave
    Will do Dave, look forward to seeing you!

I've not been to the PF but hope to get to go in September, over Labor Day weekend. I am doing a large format class and will have a 7x17 with me. We will spend part of he weekend at a local rodeo.

steve simmons

I'll be up there that week doing the Vestal seminar. Love to see your gear!

In the desert...

Confirmed at this point I will be attending Sandy King's Carbon workshop-depending on my mode of transportation, I will attempt to bring 14 x 17 and 7 x 17 / lord willin' and the creek don't rise, I believe there is room for one more in the class!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten View Post
    Confirmed at this point I will be attending Sandy King's Carbon workshop-depending on my mode of transportation, I will attempt to bring 14 x 17 and 7 x 17 / lord willin' and the creek don't rise, I believe there is room for one more in the class!
    I may bring some ULF equipment as well, depending on whether I fly out there or drive.

We are still looking for more students, and as Dave says, there is plenty of room at this point in time.

I think some people would be amazed at the beauty of carbon prints. I see people go nuts about gum prints, and pt./pd. prints, and they are indeed nice, but carbon is truly in a class of its own. In the 19th century, when it co-existed with gum, pt./pd and albumen, carbon was always considered the aristocrat of printing processes, and prices for carbon prints were significantly higher than those of pt/pd.

Sandy
    Last edited by sanking; 9-May-2008 at 19:50.

Wish that I could go to this, all the cool things either happen out of the way or when I have no cash.

In the desert...

Anyone having trouble with air connections etc, (often there are good connections to Vegas) and want to consider splitting some gas, let me know. I might drive up from Vegas and do some "shooting" on the way. Plenty of room...Ford Diesel Excursion, figure 17-19 mpg.