Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: still looking for that perfect camera (cheap view)

Re: still looking for that perfect camera (cheap view)

Scott,
    the basic lineup that I have experience with is:

45D, entry level, all friction movements except focus, depending on age and/or options bought, rotating (take off and turn) or revolving back (push release, turn)

45E, Geared rise/fall, geared focus, more rigid tilt than the 45D, rotating back. First in the Toyo/Omega line that is (IMO) to be a workhorse.

45F, Same as 45E, adds removable/interchangable bellows, revolving back.

45G, Same as 45F, adds geared shift

I'm not sure where the C falls in the lineup, but the majority of the Toyos sold used seem to be usually D, E, F or G's. I do know the older model usually called the D45M is an all metal beast, on par with the Sinars, Cambos and the like. (though also heavier the the 45X series)

I like my 45F, and were it not for one company I do some arch./commercial shooting for requiring that I use their lenses (mounted on Sinar Boards) then I'd probably still be using my 45F, though it usually ends up sitting on the shelf these days. The Toyo 45F is a heck of alot lighter than a 4x5P, and more easily carried around.

erie

Re: still looking for that perfect camera (cheap view)

So i ended up getting a Cambo SC for a pretty good deal. It was a little overwhelming seeing the size of that box when it came in the mail; but today by some miraculous feat, i managed to fit the 12 inch rail, bag bellows, lens, polaroid back, a couple film holders, and a few other things into my lowepro backpack! It still needs a little more moving around to be perfect, but i'm really glad i don't have to lug that gigantic case around. Now if i can only find an adapter so my graphic 1000 135mm lens will work on it...