Thread: bellows

bellows

Hello all,

Is here somebody who can help me with bellows? I just trying to prepare a self-m ade bellows. Can somebody help with some istructions, how to fold, what material , etc.

Thanx for your help,

Martin

bellows

There was a great article in View Camera Magazine several years ago about making bellows. Maybe someone knows what issue.

bellows

The View Camera issue is the Aug. '96 issue. It is available from View Camera for $7 plus shipping. Also, try this site - http://www.cyberbeach.net/~dbardell/bellows.html

Ed Romney sells a booklet "Bellows Making Text" for $15 , but I'd pass on it. I purchased it several months ago and it is of little help. Romney provides little detailed info, and most of his booklets are seriously out-of-date regarding materials and suppliers.

The View Camera article is the best resource I have come across. Simple step-by-step instructions. I have built 3 bellows so far, and have used a thin vinyl purchased at a local fabric store. For the inner liner, the best material to use is shutter curtain fabric. You can purchase the curtain material from Micro-Tools for $5 a sq. ft. It is very thin, and ultra light and works well. The added bonus is because it is light tight, you can use any appropriately flexible outer material.

bellows

Try this webpage * www.cyberbeach.net/~dbardell/bellows.html * If I didn't get it copied correctly let me know. -Dave

bellows

Try a book-binders supply house for the thin flexible materials you need. Buy some cheap vinyl to practise with, before you spend real money on red leather!The folding takes a bit of practise, and it's almost impossible to describe the process in words. It took me about 6 hours to make a simple compendium hood out of thin black cardboard.

bellows

Martin Try this webpage. http://www.cyberbeach.net/~dbardell/