Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arca Swiss increases price

Re: Arca Swiss increases price

According to FLAAR's visit in 1998 (that's 10 years ago), they said this about Arca Swiss:

"Arca-Swiss is rather obviously Swiss-made, as solid as the Alpine mountains of that country. Swiss precision is legendary so here is a camera you can count on. Let us hope this tradition continues in their new home in southeastern France."

If this is the truth, that is, what FLAAR says is true of the quote above, then Arca is a "natively" Swiss company that shifted to France to build the same and newer cameras. This is obviously due to not having to import their cameras=major VAT fees. As well, the Euro has something to do with it, but the VAT is a massive fee, take 20% as the average. So say you have 1 Million worth of cameras you want to sell, it makes obvious sense not losing 200K by moving the business over to France. Just take that same 200K and that goes quite a long ways towards having the business in any country of choice where they can profit both on overhead, country taxes, etc. etc. Which is why even Corps here have abused the tax system by filing their sales taxes in states that do not have tax since their claim of having wherehouses in these states makes it legitamate to avoid a ton of taxed income. Hence, a lot of states have changed their legislation to attempt companies like Wal-Fart from pulling millions on the IRS.

Back to the point...on Arca (my opinion)

I don't see how one can say that Arca cameras are French cameras. They may be manufactured in France, but they are not historically/evolutionarily/present day French based cameras, having nothing to do with France aside from a pure business standpoint that enables them to even continue to remain in existence.

Put it this way. A group of highly skilled craftsmen/women come from some part of Europe/Asia/wherever really, and they make exactly what they have been making during the country's entire history, maybe adding bits here and there to blend in a balance of more modern and traditional stuff. How can one argue that the same exact product that you would buy if you travelled over to the country is not the same here as it is there? Oh, maybe they use American soil and materials...hence, it's an Amero-Euro traditional product...

Quote Originally Posted by vonstauren View Post
    Yet, there was a time when it was said that M. Vogt spoke about preparations for the AS website. My theory is that hearing their company is regarded as a French one he got so p...off that he said - enough is enough, no web site! But then, the quality and the excellence of AS cameras don't need any... It sells like a hot cake...
    As a long time Arca Swiss fan, I also strongly feel the website is a missing piece. Recently I decided to launch an unofficial website for all Arca Swiss owners. It's still on construction, and the domain name is www.arcaswiss.info. But first of all, I need to get the permission from Mr. Vogt. I'll keep you guys updated. Ling

Who gives a flying *bleep*?

Quote Originally Posted by Ling Z View Post
    As a long time Arca Swiss fan, I also strongly feel the website is a missing piece. Recently I decided to launch an unofficial website for all Arca Swiss owners. It's still on construction, and the domain name is www.arcaswiss.info. But first of all, I need to get the permission from Mr. Vogt. I'll keep you guys updated. Ling
    Personally I would be just satisfied if there were a new catalog every so often, less cryptic and easier to study. While they are nice to send you freely a lot of brochures the catalog needs overhaul.

Many years ago, our staff photographer considered Arca Swiss cameras for our company. We budgeted for 2 cameras but were unable to obtain any sales information whatsoever. A website would have been most helpful.

After much time and energy was spent we decided to go with Sinar and have had very good productivity from them.

If Arca Swiss vould have better service this vould be very good for them.

But, if consumer cannot obtain products from Arca Swiss, then it does not matter how much they increase their prices.

Tomaas

Quote Originally Posted by Tomaas View Post
    Many years ago, our staff photographer considered Arca Swiss cameras for our company. We budgeted for 2 cameras but were unable to obtain any sales information whatsoever. A website would have been most helpful.

After much time and energy was spent we decided to go with Sinar and have had very good productivity from them.

If Arca Swiss vould have better service this vould be very good for them.

But, if consumer cannot obtain products from Arca Swiss, then it does not matter how much they increase their prices.

Tomaas
    I have been looking the information about the weight of P1 ball head for almost 1 year before recently a member of this forum told me the weight of his P1 ball head.
    During last year, I have
    1. looked up the internet, B&H, Badger, Adorama, none of them has the weight on the information page.
    2. looked up the arca swiss brochure. No information regarding the weight of P1.
    3. gone to the local store Midwest Photo nothing in stock. Delivery date has been pushed back...
    4. contacted arca distributor in Chicago, she told me, there is no information at hand, and no P1 head at hand, so she doesn't know the weight of the head.
    5. For once, I found out Adorama has it in stock. Called their CSR, was told the ball head is in the warehouse, and they wouldn't be able to go to the warehouse and weigh the ball head for me.

Arca products are amazing, but the quality of the service really can not match with their product.

Re: Arca Swiss increases price.. oldies as well ;-)

Hey ! Oldies seem to increase in price as well ;-) (this one is definitely Swiss )
    http://cgi.ebay.fr/Arca-Swiss-Reflex...dZp1638Q2em122

Arca-Swiss is now in Besancon, France, but I think that they still are Swiss-minded.
    By the way, Hispano-Suiza eventually settled in Bois-Colombes, France, in Paris neighbourhood (I live there). They built the motors for French planes during WWI.

Nothing to do with price really, but has anyone any comments to make on the 8 x 10 F-line C, especially the new one with 141mm mounts? Dennis.