Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi from scenic Jamul,CA

Re: Hi from scenic Jamul,CA

Quote Originally Posted by John Schneider View Post
    Welcome to the Forum!

I hope I don't have my towns mixed up, in which case this next question will be nonsensical. But, isn't there a HUGE pile of rocks along I-8 near Jamul? That would be a great place to take a LF camera. I've always wanted to go there but there's no obvious entrance other than off of I-8.
    I think I know the area you're talking about but it is miles to the north and east of Jamul. I have a pretty good pile of rocks in my own back yard.

Re: Hi from scenic Jamul,CA

Quote Originally Posted by Wade D View Post
    Jamul is a small community to the East and South of San Diego. I live on a small hobby farm on a mountain top. My closest neighbor is 5 acres away. I love it out here.
    I have 2 LF cameras. A Crown View & an Anni Speed Graphic. I've had both for years but didn't have a place to set up a darkroom till we moved here. I recently bought an Elwood 5x7 enlarger which I am restoring into a horizontal version. It will be great to get back in the darkroom after 20+ years. I'm glad I found this forum. Lots of great info here.
    Hope I haven't been too long winded.
    Wade D
    I just joined myself. A long time business associate and friends live in Jamul. W. &J. Johnson. Been there for years. Small world indeed, not many places smaller than Jamul and you sure have some scenic photo ops without even having to pack up and go anyplace.

regards