Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glazer's Camera & ULF Tmax 400

Glazer's Camera & ULF Tmax 400

Glazer's Camera is proud to partner with Kodak to offer the newly redesigned T-Max 400 in various Ultra Large Format sizes.

We will stock 14x17 film, and will take pre-orders for 11x14 and 12x20 film Friday, April 25 through Friday, May 23, 2008. If we have met Kodak's minimum order quantity by May 23, we will place the order. Your credit card will be charged when your order is placed. If we have not reached the minimum, all money will be fully refunded. We welcome feedback from the ULF community. If there is sufficient interest in other film sizes, we will open up pre-order periods for those formats as well. Delivery of the film is expected within 6-8 weeks of placing our order with Kodak.

The newly redesigned T-Max 400 is the finest and sharpest 400-speed B&W film ever produced. Its’ stunning sharpness and excellent reciprocity characteristics make it an excellent all-around choice for the large format photographer. The T-Max sheet film is being produced without UV coatings to allow contact printing with alternative sources or UV photosensitive materials. Kodak has also agreed to custom package the film (i.e. 14x17 film in 14x17 packaging, 11x14 film in 11x14 packaging, etc) and have managed to keep the film costs LOWER relative to 8x10 film material costs.

Glazer's Camera has been serving the Northwest photo community since 1935. We have always and will continue to serve the Large Format Community and are excited to provide the ULF community access to this wonderful film.

Please see attached link for order form and prices.

http://www.glazerscamera.com/kodak-ulf-film.html

For more info, email William at williaml@glazerscamera.com or call 206.624.1100.

Re: Glazer's Camera & ULF Tmax 400

FWIW Glazer's is a trustworthy source in the PNW. I ordered from them when I lived in Alaska and the items were shipped quickly and were well packaged.
    Last edited by Eric James; 25-Apr-2008 at 19:03.

We need Glazer's to take positive action to let Kodak know that, even though it doesn't have an SKU for 6 1/2 x 8 1/2, there is probably enough interest to cover the non-recurring expense of creating one, along with boxes and labels.

Over the last few days, I've polled a small number of users of this format with the question: "If 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 TMY-2 were offered in 50-sheet boxes for very roughly $200 per box, how many boxes would you order?" So far, just three of us are ready to purchase more than 30 such hypothetical boxes. I'm sure that when others who either already have or are about to receive (Chamonix, for example) 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 cameras know TMY-2 is an option for them, they'll order at least 20 more boxes, for a total of 50+.

Glazer's, please push for this to be part of the next month's offering, which I assume will close around June 25. That way, in the unlikely event we don't reach your necessary minimum, 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 users will still have 5 days left to place an Ilford order.

Thanks for listening!

Sal,

Thanks for you post. I won't have my WP camera for some months, but I'll add my voice now to say that I'd take 5 50-sheet boxes of the new film in 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 .

- neil

Excellent news!

Will there be any possibility of obtaining non-ULF but "non-standard" sizes like 4x10 and 5x8?

Bruce Watson

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
    Excellent news!

Will there be any possibility of obtaining non-ULF but "non-standard" sizes like 4x10 and 5x8?
    One of the basic criteria for responding to this question (which is consistent with how Kodak would proceed with this questions on an individual "Special Order") is that minimum order quantities need to be met because in order for Kodak to justify the costs to put a manufacturing skew into their production system and program the proportions into the film cutting machine. We want to be respespectful of each and every format because that is the diversity that makes this community so vibrant, but it is a two way road. Start talking it up with other folks that share an interest in this and any other non-listed format and run it up the flag pole.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    ...let Kodak know that, even though it doesn't have an SKU for 6 1/2 x 8 1/2...
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    ...for Kodak to justify the costs to put a manufacturing skew into their production system...
    In case anyone doesn't know what I was referring to by "SKU" and Michael subsequently used phonetically, it stands for Stock Keeping Unit number. Believe it or not, the simple assignment of a catalog/part number results in significant non-recurring and annual expense for a corporation. In fact, lack of an SKU number is one of the reasons Simon Galley gave me for Ilford's decision not to add 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 Delta 100 to its program this year.

That's why it's so important to ensure we reach minimum required order levels on these sizes the first time around.

and have managed to keep the film costs LOWER relative to 8x10 film material costs.
    This is not entirely accurate, but given the choice worth it at the higher price. This is great news and will be placing an order for 2 boxes before the May 23 deadline. Should we give you a call or just e mail the pdf form?

Either one will work. Make sure you don't email your credit card!

thanks,

William

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Gasteazoro View Post
    This is not entirely accurate, but given the choice worth it at the higher price. This is great news and will be placing an order for 2 boxes before the May 23 deadline. Should we give you a call or just e mail the pdf form?

I've been in contact with William at Glazer's about 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 ("WP") TMY-2. When adjusted from previously speculated 50-sheet boxes to the 25-sheet boxes William just confirmed WP would be packaged in, a number of us using WP have already stated we'd take over 70 boxes. William has requested that we, as well as anyone else who is interested, send him email directly at:

williaml@glazerscamera.com

to let him know how many 25-sheet boxes of WP TMY-2 we'd order. William will follow up with Kodak and, hopefully, we can get this going in time to have a closing date around June 25. Thanks to everyone who is supportive of WP and getting TMY-2 cut for our cameras. Let's prove the naysayers are wrong!