Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: For Friends of Ted Harris

Re: For Friends of Ted Harris

Amy,

I, like so many others, am shocked and saddened by the news of Ted's passing. I have known Ted for a number of years, but our visits were usually relatively brief during photographic trade shows or conferences. I will never forget Ted's beaming smile.

I will treasure the phone conversations we had during the past few weeks. During those conversations as we spoke about photography. It was evident that Ted had a burning passion for the medium, and loved to share that passion with others. In his workshops, lectures, and articles he not only conveyed accurate photographic information, but he also provided inspiration for those he came in contact with. He will be missed by many, and the medium of photography glows a little less brightly now that he is no longer with us. His photographs, articles, and the many photographers that he touched will be a lasting legacy to Ted's all too brief visit to this planet.

My warmest thoughts are with you and your family,

John Sexton

Like so many here, i felt like i knew Ted Harris (although i never met him) and am tremendously shocked and saddened by his passing. My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

David Crossley/Crossley Photography....

Dear Amy,

I am saddened by this great loss...

Ted and I developed a great friendship over the past year, while discussing our passion for creating an image, and where his wisdom was never ending. I will miss him.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

jim k

Dear Amy,

I am saddened by our great loss..
    From talking to Ted the old fashion way (post) some 17 years ago when he wrote an article about making your own field camera to talking to him on the phone not to long ago ....

My thoughts are with you and your family.
    We are not moved by things ,but by the views we take of them.
    Epictitus
    My Site

So sorry for your loss. Like many here, I did not know Ted personally, but he was easily one of the most helpful people on this, or any other photography group I've participated in.

Dear Amy, I am very sorry to hear of your great loss. Whilst I never met or spoke to Ted, I learned a lot from reading his very helpful posts - his good nature and enthusiasm shone through his writing. My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family.

Dear Mrs Amy,

I was full of sadness wen I read of loss of your husband, Ted. I think he was man of much strength, character, and kindness. Is a soul seldom seen these day .

Ted is now shoot with all other photographers of huge greatness. Ansel Adams, Edward Steiglitz, and so many other. His pictures were great on eaarth but God will be there help him take pictures that are even more beautiful than ever.

God be with you and family and friends at this hard time in your life. Ted will always be part of your life and ours forever.

Please look after youself. God will help you through this difficult time.Accept his hand of love.

10,000+ "views" and many replies, seems Mr. Harris touched the lives of so many. While I had not the pleasure of meeting him in person, he responded to my posts and help my hobby/craft. I offer my condolences to you and the family in your time of need.

Hi Amy

He was a very fine man and always very helpfull to to us all, my condolences!

Armin Seeholzer

I never met Ted in person, but he responded once to a question I posed on this forum, and I could tell by the written tone of his answer that he was a kind gentleman. My heartfelt condolences to the family.