Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ULF Print Exchange!

Re: ULF Print Exchange!

Keeds, I think you should send them. I think most of us here are just happy to see what other people are up to and look at some prints, no matter what they look like. People are busy and ULF photography is hard, I think we will all understand if some of the prints are less than perfect. Honestly I am happy to see anything that is ULF.

Rest assured I have been working away on my camera and I think I will be able to meet the deadline. If I cannot finish the camera I will resort to plan B, which will be the 11x14 pinhole camera. Either way I should have some interesting prints to contribute.

Evan

I haven't made any prints yet. I wasn't going to bother due to the fingerprints and developing defects. I'll reassess the negs and see if any are worth the effort. I'm away next week so I will be late for the 15th anyway. I will also try for some more negs next week. Either way any prints will not get to Tim until end of August. If you are all happy with that then I will procede. I do really want to take part, I just don't want to short change anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by keeds View Post
    I haven't made any prints yet. I wasn't going to bother due to the fingerprints and developing defects. I'll reassess the negs and see if any are worth the effort. I'm away next week so I will be late for the 15th anyway. I will also try for some more negs next week. Either way any prints will not get to Tim until end of August. If you are all happy with that then I will procede. I do really want to take part, I just don't want to short change anybody.
    great
    ! i am glad you decided to print them!

cant wait.

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

tim810

I am happy to see prints of any kind. Fingerprints or no. Part of the reason for doing this is to see subject matter and composition (fingerprints won't matter). Everyone using these cameras has had some kind of struggle, be it fingerprints or bad film holders($$$). I think everyone can gain something.

Keeds,
    If I didn't use rubber gloves to load, unload, develop and handle my film at all times I would have the same problem. In fact I did have this problem. So, now I use thoes disposable nitrile gloves. Works like a charm. If you want a box I have an extra that I don't mind sending with your prints.

Everyone,
    Try and share a problem you might have had dealing with these huge cameras. Mine likes to act as a sail on windy days!! I can't imagine what my 20x24 is going to act like.

Cheers everyone and lets share some stories!!
    tim

tim810

Beautiful John!!

received so far:

Group 1:
    eddie
    John
    tim

group 2:

tim

Glad to hear the photos arrived safe and sound.

Yeah, it took me a while to get the light leaks out of my holders. 3 S&S purchased new, 3 AWB purchased new and 3 S&S purchased used were Sandy King's personal holders. It took me a while to figure out that putting black tape over the flaps cured 90% of my light leak problems....The ULF cameras are a challenge, but I just love the prints!!!!!

Another war story. Last fall Bruce Barlow and I took a trip to Maine. Bruce wrote an article about the trip and View Camera published it in the March/April issue. It was my first time loading 7x17 holders in my Large Harrison Tent. I had a beautiful image of a long flat rock and spent about 20 minutes positioning the camera just so, and getting the focus just right, I knew I had a keeper.

So I get back to the room that night and while unloading the 7x17 holders discover that I loaded the film UPSIDE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In other words, I exposed the back of the film rather than the emulsion. I was so concentrating on just getting the film in the holders, that I forgot to check where the notch was located. When developed, they were significantly underexposed. My loss, live and learn.

tim810

I was just doing a virtical shot and finished the exposure than put the slide back in to hear a nice crunch. My film got caught on the edge of the dark slide and buckled. $10 and 45 minuets of my time gone!!!

Dear Tim,

I have been following this thread since signing up, what a wonderful project!
    I can not take part, I miss the mark by a great many square inches.
    But if the participants are willing, what I can do, if you shoot a digi file of the images, I will make a web page and post it so everyone at LFPF can see the work.

If the members of this group prefer, we can also make it password protected, you can decide on who gets a password to view the site.

best regards,

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Allen in Montreal View Post
    Dear Tim,

I have been following this thread since signing up, what a wonderful project!
    I can not take part, I miss the mark by a great many square inches.
    But if the participants are willing, what I can do, if you shoot a digi file of the images, I will make a web page and post it so everyone at LFPF can see the work.

If the members of this group prefer, we can also make it password protected, you can decide on who gets a password to view the site.

best regards,

Allen

cool! tahnks allen.

only 4 days....lets go ULF shooters!
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery