Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twice Infinity?

Re: Twice Infinity?

2xinfinitey=1 (or some other finite number). I realize that Zeno's Paradox does you absolutely no good here, but i figure i need to use my degree for something...right.

What f/stop are you and Sugimoto working at? Try framing the photograph, focusing to 2x infinity, and then stopping all the way down. Are either of you using camera movements in order to increase depth of field?

Remember that when you are work at 2x infinity you will need to account for bellows factor, which will be pretty easy to figure out. Just double you exposure and it will be perfect.

Interesting idea. I wish you the best of luck. Post some pieces when you finish!!!

Yours;

I tried it one time, just to try and figure out how he did it (it's actually harder than it looks to get a picture that actually works well with this - something Sugimoto succeeds at - his "Architecture" book of Modernist icons is quite lovely).

(and architect had seen the Sugimoto stuff and wanted me to try and replicate the look...)

But now I'll have to drag the camera out and try and remeber how I did it.... I know I remember using a 150/165mm ish lens on the 8x10.
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

I was just down at Barnes and Noble looking at a large book on Edward Curtis. It was obvious from some of his pictorial type shots that he had focused on the close foreground instead of his midground subject. Of course, he had a lens with good bokeh. I would think that with a lot of lenses today that would yield a very harsh out of focus image.