Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8x10 Polaroid

Landscape/Still Life

Re: 8x10 Polaroid

Yeah I hope to get into 8x10 Polaroid Transfers at my studio/darkroom once it opens up... I can not even find the frickin film on any site to purchase... I hope they give it to Ilford I think they may do a better job but Fuji will work to as long as it is the same product and no changing it...

When I used to do 8x10 transparencies of tabletop product shots in my studio (I now do 4x5), I would process a test transparency in my in-house lab, evaluate it just as soon as it was in the final wash...then proceed to shoot the shots...all at same magnification..so no bellows factor compensation.

Using a 4x5 reducing back is the way to go now, if you need to test for 8x10. The fuji 4x5 pack films are very very good.

we need to write fuji and illford and let them know that we still need this!!

One can only hope - and wait for the outcome of all this.

Quote Originally Posted by franklphoto View Post
    we need to write fuji and illford and let them know that we still need this!!
    Writing e-mails or letters, including projected usage figures, may be helpful. But, either company will likely base any licensing decisions on the economics of actual sales figures. My guess would be that neither company is anxious to assume a lot of financial risk. We should remember that Ilford/Harman just recently came out of a receivership via a management buy-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Barker View Post
    We should remember that Ilford/Harman just recently came out of a receivership via a management buy-out.
    Yes, and that is a good thing because the new Directors all have a passion for film photography.

I have heard the Fujifilm is at least investigating making 8x10 instant films. This would be a decision of cutting and packaging, more than licensing, since they already make Intstant films. The other thing, which is more likely, is expanding their range of Instant products; currently some of their Instant films and Japan only.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Moat View Post
    I have heard the Fujifilm is at least investigating making 8x10 instant films. This would be a decision of cutting and packaging, more than licensing, since they already make Intstant films. The other thing, which is more likely, is expanding their range of Instant products; currently some of their Instant films and Japan only.
    Wouldn't that depend on the scope and terms of their current license? If Polaroid continues to exist, but just shuts down production of instant films, Fuji may still be limited on their range of products and direct sales within the U.S.

Fuji will show at foto3 what they are working on in this regard.

steve simmons

so there might be the slimmest of slimmest hopes my 8x10 processor won't become a paperweight ?
    notch codes ? I only use one film...