Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exhibition and some portraits

Exhibition and some portraits

I'm part of a group Exhibition in the UK, anybody who can get to SWINDON, the exhibition starts tomorrow and continues for just over a month. Would be nice to see any of you

I have a few 4x5 shots printed on Ilford Warmtone FB 12x16 (the first 3 shown here). The rest of the shots are not part of the exhibition, but I decided to put here for viewing now that I've scanned the negs

Re: Exhibition and some portraits

The exhibition is at the WYVERN THEATRE, down the stairs toward the entrance to the theatre. My work is visible straight away - I picked the prime location just to the left. There are of course six other photographers from my class also exhibiting, all their work is digital, printed on an Epson A2 printer (but printed at 'super-A3').

All the images were taken on a RAZZLE 4x5, and ERA 100 film. I can't seem to find any sellers of ERA film anymore, so please let me know if you can find any!

Ash,

These are terrific. You've got very photogenic friends. Umm, did you by any chance print them reversed? Either the t-shirt lettering on #3 is backwards, or I'm sinking into dyslexia.

-Mick

Yes, I did scan them backwards, I was in such a rush I didn't have time to reverse them! I'll do that now, thanks

All have been flipped, so refresh the thread if you've already viewed

Good stuff Ash, are you gonna tell us about the lighting?
    Congrats,
    Pete.

How about this?

Meter reading was f/8 on background and f/11 on foreground (just behind floor reflector).

That's fairly simple but very, very effective. Am I right in assuming that you used a Tessar? The floor reflector has really done the buisness.
    Congrats again,
    Pete.

Very nice and congratulations. You might consider a touch of hair light next time to get a little more separation from the backdrop. A small snooted flash, high and behind the subjects would work.