Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from the Ozarks

Re: Hello from the Ozarks

I thought I'd seen bellows fragments in the metro tunnels--the rumors are true then. We have a new LF/alt process group meeting at a new arts center in Rockville and I know some of the APUGers get together sometimes, so there are definitely a few folks around. Scott Davis, a participant here and on APUG may have a better handle on DC area groups because I think he's been involved in LF for a while. I'm also trying to organize some LF/alt process workshops with a few arts groups, so we can get new photographers involved. Sadly, I seem to meet a lot ex-LF photogs.

I'll check around the house . . . I still have the C.A.L.F. membership list with names, addresses, and phone numbers. From 1995, but even 13 years later a lot of those folks are very likely still around the area. It might make a good "prospect" list for your club, or a newly forming LF group.

Also, I have a two page article I wrote for the Dec. 1994 C.A.L.F. Newsletter entitled "Pre-1940 'Classic' Lens Data". It listed 40 lenses by 14 manufacturers giving their focal length ranges, apertures, and angle of view. Each lens was keyed to a set of diagrams of the lens "formulas". Then at the end was a listing of the required image circle sizes to cover each size film up to 11x14 and a chart showing the image circle factor for each angle of view. This factor, when multiplied by the focal length of a lens, would give the image circle for that lens so you could see if it would work with the film size you are using.

If you want a copy of either, or both, send me an address via PM.

EuGene

Welcome aboard, EuGene!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White