Thread: Hello to all

Hello to all

A couple of months ago I happened on a complete darkroom with a large format camera on Craigs list. It wasn't cheap but the guy I bought it from has a MFA and it all seemed like top line stuff for it's day. I recently bought a 4x5 calumet that I have been fooling with and I really needed the 4x5 enlarger and I couldn't pass up the 4x5 field camera. I bit the bullet and bought the whole she-bang and now my wife is a darkroom widow. I have picked up a ton of ideas and techniques from everyone here. You all are so knowledgeable and helpful, I hope my LF noobie questions aren't too much of a pain. Many of the galleries from the users here have been a great source of inspiration to me. I have finally got around to learning and using the zone system after seeing how pale my work has been compared to everyone here. I have been doing mainly 35mm and 120 in the past but this is a whole other world. A few weeks ago I got my Jobo CPP-2 after reading all about them here and am I glad I did. I did my first couple of 11 by 14 prints today and I am thrilled beyond belief. The contrast is perfect and the tones are exactly how I envisioned them. MUCH THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE!

Martin

Re: Hello to all

Welcome to the LF Forum, Martin. Sounds like you're off to a good start.

Congratulations Martin & welcome to the forum!

Hector

Welcome to the forum and to LF. Hope you enjoy it as much as I am!

Shame on the MFA for getting rid of it!

Welcome aboard!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Martin, your excitement is contagious. I hope you will enjoy your darkroom for many years.