Thread: Epson V750 user opinions?

Epson V750 user opinions?

I bought a Microtek M1 and have been using it the couple of weeks. I can't say I am all that thrilled with it. It is my second one. I returned the first one when I experienced the Silverfast white lines.

With the new M1, Silverfast Pro regularly crashes Photoshop when I run it under PS (despite the fact I upgraded from 2gb ram to 4gb). I downloaded the lastest and greatest from Silverfast and that is what is crashing PS. The M1 is very slow. It goes through its gyrations of autofocus in prescan mode, again when zooming in prescan, then again when scanning. Once it starts scanning, it goes pretty fast, but it takes forever to get to that point. I find a lot of scans have issues with fringing. I also don't like the holders much. The unsupported side tends to bow and the chromes tend to pop out when unloading.

I am curious how people like the V750. That seems to be the only real affordable alternative in the market. I would love to buy an IQ Smart2, but I don't have that kind of dough. V750 ease of use? Speed? Scan quality?

I have owned the 4870 and the 4990 and was generally pleased with them. Any input on the V750 would be appreciated.

Re: Epson V750 user opinions?

It's a good scanner.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Re: Epson V750 user opinions?

Harley, It is right behind the M1 in scan quality. Small, incremental differences. IMO the Epson build quality isn't quite as good as Microtek's but go with what ou think will work for you.

One suggestion ... be very sure of what and why PS is crashing or it could happen all over again with the 750.