Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Philly gathering in april!

Re: Philly gathering in april!

I might be game for Saturday, I have classes Monday. I also might (have to check with the other guy I live with) be able to provide a couch or floor (college dorm apartment, nothing fancy is an understatement) for a couple of people to crash on if their budget is a little on the tighter side (I'm a college student, so that is my life). I'm about 40 minutes west of Philly so it's not too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorzen View Post
    I might be game for Saturday, I have classes Monday. I also might (have to check with the other guy I live with) be able to provide a couch or floor (college dorm apartment, nothing fancy is an understatement) for a couple of people to crash on if their budget is a little on the tighter side (I'm a college student, so that is my life). I'm about 40 minutes west of Philly so it's not too far.
    sounds great....i may take you up on it! it has been years since i lived on campus! could be fun i love college girls
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Well I have to warn you that it is a Christian College, and I live in the "old people" dorm (24+) so yeah it's not that much of a party school or what not, but it is not that far form Philly.

Oh yeah and rereading my post there, I should have said I have classes on Friday not Monday, don't know what I was thinking there.

har har har!

i went to catholic school my whole life! i am an "old person" myself!

may not be a party school but io ma sure i know how to get the christians in an uproar! years and years of practice! (it is not an all boys school is it!)

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

hi all,

i was looking into some motels in the area. (any additional help is appreciated). i found a motel 6 (sorry don. i know it is way below your standards!) for about $41 plus tax. it is :
    I-295 at SR 73, Exit #36-B
    2798 Route 73 North
    Maple Shade, NJ 08052

i figure it is 12 miles from philly. this way we can still drive downtown and eat if we want. we will have a parking lot for all our cars and we will be well within striking distance for our morning outing.

anybody interested? it would be a great place to ba able to sit around and talk with everybody in the evening.

i plan to be at ESP at 10 am on friday the 4th and stay over that night.

eddie

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Hmm that hotel is about 10 minutes from The Dark Room Studios a kinda cool little photoshop in Jersey. I am a bit of a camera store junkie and like to visit different and interest stores whenever I get the chance. They had a little bit of large format stuff but not too much. They have an ebay store with a bunch of used darkroom gear and stuff.

Hey guys,
    I'm new to the forum but live near philly so I definately want in on ESP. I have to work at 4pm on Fridays so I guess I'll have to leave the city at 2:30-3ish, but I guess I'll see you all at 10am.

Quote Originally Posted by AFSmithphoto View Post
    Hey guys,
    I'm new to the forum but live near philly so I definately want in on ESP. I have to work at 4pm on Fridays so I guess I'll have to leave the city at 2:30-3ish, but I guess I'll see you all at 10am.
    great see you then!

anyone else got ideas for motels and such? beers?

eddie

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

hey all,

i just got around to scanning my 8x10s that i used the old 12 inch voitlander on! thanks to Pete fro the use of his sinar shutter! it saved to exposure for sure.

both are shot wide ope at f7.2. nice lens. too bad the film holder had a light leak.

eddie

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

same shots but with VDB

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery