My usual trio of fall LF-oriented workshops takes place again this October in the Smokies. Slots are still available for all three at present; if you'd like to sign up and have not yet done so, it would be a good idea to do so soon. Most of my participants sign up 1-2 months prior to workshops. Here's what is coming up:

Friday, 24 October: 1-day INTENSIVE SPOTMETERING: emphasis on using a spotmeter and determining proper exposure based on subject tonality and color. Exposing for transparency film or digital original with a spotmeter is the day's main subject, but exposure for negative film and incident metering are also covered.

Sat-Sun, 25-26 October: 2-day INTRODUCTION TO LARGE FORMAT: tailored to the new Large Format user, this session will get you feeling comfortable with LF equipment in only 2 days. Coverage includes cameras, lenses, and accessories of every type, as well as extensive discussion and practice sessions. A large range of equipment is on hand, and the class is suitable even for those who are still deciding on a camera as well as those who already own one.

Mon-Fri, 27-31 October: 5-day FALL COLOR IN THE SMOKIES field workshop: my popular Fall session returns, with sunrise-to-sunset sessions shooting all of the park's photogenic subjects. Layered overlooks, richly colored forest scenes, fast-flowing mountain streams, and quaint pioneer cabins are all included in the workshop; to this, add expert assistance on composition, exposure, and technical matters of all kinds. I'll point out that the Smokies are also a great location for panoramas, so if you're a pano shooter, you'll have a lot of opportunities for beautiful compositions. While this session is open to all formats, it's tailored to the LF photographer, and most participants will be shooting 4x5 or larger.

Click below to visit the main Workshops page on my website:

http://www.dannyburk.com/nature_phot..._workshops.htm

Remember that I'm also available for private consultation on Photoshop technique, Large Format use, and other aspects of photography with which you may need assistance.

One other session, suitable for photographers in any format:

5-day PHOTOSHOP WORKSHOP is Mon-Fri, 1-5 December 2008:

Based in South Bend, Indiana. No time wasted on graphics usage here...we spend 100% of the time on techniques useful for photographers. You'll learn expert techniques to create top-notch prints and web images. If your Photoshop technique could use help, this is the place you want to be!

http://www.dannyburk.com/photoshop_f...nstruction.htm

Please contact me if you have questions. Thanks!