Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New campaign to "report odd photographers" to the police

Confidently Agnostic!

Re: New campaign to "report odd photographers" to the police

Oh, cool: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XdqKGUPIdp0&feature=related

I'm guilty of at least half of that. I solicit information about buildings ("What's that neat building?"). I use vision enhancing devices ("spotmeter") and conduct surveillance ("photographs"). I test the security response times of law enforcement agents by ignoring "keep out" signs whenever they seem spurious (okay, some of you will jump on me for that one, but I'm not a bloody terrorist). I'm a "suspicious person who doesn't belong" in some respects, when I'm walking around looking at stuff to photograph with a big bulky backpack and a weird interest in my surroundings while businessmen in suits hurry past. I make unusual statements from time to time.

Well, here's yet another daft story :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/h...re/7522016.stm

jetcode

I think this issue has to be difficult to navigate because technology is available for next to nothing and who can easily identify what a terrorist looks like?

If the authorities do nothing and something bad happens they are accused of doing nothing, if they become more aggressive to protect the people they are accused of turning the country into a police state.

Where do you draw the line in rooting out potential terrorists while respecting the constitutional rights of others? Yet another Paradox to negotiate.

Shoot the picture first. Let someone ask questions later.