I am pleased to announce the pending arrival of the RPT/Kelty Photo Redwing. After a year of collaboration, design and prototyping, the order is placed and the packs will soon arrive. I am taking advanced orders for those planning spring trips. These packs will be air freighted in with a planned arrival for the P1 model of March 17-22, 2008. The P2, featuring Kelty's top-of-the-line suspension and belt will arrive a month later.

These packs feature:

• Full front panel opening for complete access to your kit.
  • Squared-off shoulders for more useable room
  • Now 8X10 systems will fit even with 6" lensboards!
  • Integrated rain cover/field drop cloth that stows in its own zippered pouch.
  • Tripod mounting system
  • Upgraded Redwing suspension for the P1 and Kelty's top-of-the-line Cloudlock suspension (as used on the Kelty Coyote and Redcloud) for the Redwing P2.
  • Optional, detachable side pockets which will each hold 2 boxes of readiloads, 8 4X5 film holders or 5 5X7 film holders.
  • Mesh pockets on the inside of the main panel opening.
  • Expanded exterior front pocket that will hold up to 4 8X10 film holders, jacket, rain gear or anything else you would like to haul.
  • The P2's Cloudlock suspension is another step up the scale from the standard Redwing and has a solid, sag-free suspension for torso lengths ranging from 16" to 21". This is the first short-torso offering that does not decrease the pack capacity.

Images and details available by following this link:

http://www.photobackpacker.com/images/p1/p1d.html

The P1 Packs ordered through March 7th will be air-freighted in and I expect will ship to you no later than March 24. After that, I will have a limited supply until the surface P1 surface shipment arrives in late April.

Please feel free to email me with questions at brucel@photobackpacker.com