Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Underwater?

Re: Underwater?

I shoot a lot underwater BUT digital. Have test before long long time 6x7 with a Mamiya RZ II and it was posible but not that easy. 4x5 or 8x10 underwater would be cool but practically it would be hell especially if you shoot people. I have with digital a hard time to shoot fine art so i imaging those big cameras would be more as a submarin:-)

But yeah a video we need to see if you ever shoot 4x5

My UW photos are on my webpage www.apneaimages.com under Mermaids, Diving & Aqua babies for those that like to check.
    Lambis Stratoudakis
    www.apneaimages.com/blog

Hi Guys,

Remember we all shoot 8x10 or 4x5 not because it's easy but because i think that there is a different feel to it and also it gives me a challenge. I did shoot 4x5 underwater and it was time consuming, but very rewarding as far as i'm concern.... sure i could have shot the same thing with a digi camera, but so anybody else. here is a couple of shot which i posted before. by the way nice underwater photos Lambis...
    cheers,
    Erick

joseph

kind of all round 'wow'
    Great pictures, beautiful, especially the first,
    but 4x5 underwater?

From a submarine maybe...

wow.

Hi Joseph,
    Thanks, I got a housing built for it, one shot took me a bout 3/4 of an hour (waiting for the rays and having the model in a good position) but that didn't mean it was a winning shot... we spent a day shooting each position. so was doing about 8-10 shots per day, for 3 weeks.

OMG Thats crazy!!! 8-10 photos for 3 weeks Erick. But then again those photos are just great and worth all long hours.

The reason i move slowly (becauce i am a beguinner in this) from Digital to Analog is exactly this.

Just the shade off greys, the highlights and the gaustics in the water.. belive me or not HARD!!! to shoot those with digital. Especially underwater you see where digital lacks total and Film shine.

Curious what equickment u as i dont recognise those camera lens.

Again great shoots and man you make me now wishing find build a housing for my speed graphic :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Regnard View Post
    Hi Joseph,
    Thanks, I got a housing built for it, one shot took me a bout 3/4 of an hour (waiting for the rays and having the model in a good position) but that didn't mean it was a winning shot... we spent a day shooting each position. so was doing about 8-10 shots per day, for 3 weeks.
    Lambis Stratoudakis
    www.apneaimages.com/blog

Peter Gowland built an underwater camera using a 45 degree mirror--the camera and photographer are above water. Could work for shallow snorkeling....

http://www.petergowland.com/images4/PG00000527J.jpg

... and how did that model hold her breath for 3 weeks? Beautiful shots, btw!

Hi Guys,
    To Lambis, it's 8-10 shots per day for 3 weeks which was about 50-70 shots for 3 weeks still slow but rewarding, it would have been very hard to only do 10 in 3 weeks (emotionally hard I mean).
    To Micheal: not a bad though to look into.
    and to rob, yes the mermaid was expensive, but she could hold her breath... for three weeks (joking).
    talk soon,
    Erick