Page 52 of 107 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

There is a Screen Cezanne Elite FT-S5500 currently for sale on Ebay now!

The sellers name is identical to you. So, let me sum this one up:

You have registered at this board solely to promote your own sale on ebay in a discussion thread outside the "For-Sale" forum while at the same time suggesting publically, within your auction, that potential buyers may get an illigal copy of your missing software from us?

Thats nice.

Christian, that was exactly my reaction as well.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I’m sorry you see it this way. I’m just trying to sell a scanner that I acquired in a surplus equipment purchase. I’d like try to find someone who will use it rather than give to a recycler to ship it off to China for landfill. I did post it in the For Sale section of this forum but the moderator removed it. I tried to buy the software from Dainippon Screen first but they no longer have it available. I don’t think it is illegal to copy software that is no longer available. If anyone here is interested in it I would give to them free.

Guilherme Maranhão coisasdavida's Avatar

Dave, your post in the For Sale section is still up.

I got stuck setting up my "new" G5. To get ColorGenius2 to run under OS X 10.5 with more than 2.0GB of RAM, i have to apply several updates incrementaly. While I can unpack all of ther later updates, the first I have to start with cannot be unpacked. My suspicion is that it has to get unpacked in OS9, which I do not own any longer. Which is why I have to get it running under OSX.

Can someone of you running OS9 do me a favor and try to unpack/execute this update and send me the unpacked files? I cannot manage to do so under OS X, regardless of the tools I use.

http://www.screen.co.jp/pub/dtp/Colo...G_Upr2.sea.hqx

Just use this adress: der_chris[at]arcor[point]de

Best wishes,
    Christian

PS: Gui, I did not forget you ;-)

Gentleman, after dozens auf experts in other forums have proven, that this file seems to be corrupt, I just found out that the Japanese Version of the Download page points to a different version of the v2.04 update, without the R2 (release 2?) in the filename, but in the usual .sit.hqx update, just like every other update, instead of the doomed and broken .sea.hqx

FYI, here is the download link to the english version, if anyone of you wnat to start updating from the original v2.01 thats supplied on CD:
    http://www.screen.co.jp/pub/dtp/Colo...04E_Up.sit.hqx

Another week and about 10h of work vanished into getting an industrial scanner running...

Best wishes,
    Christian

Does anyone have a link to where I could buy some Screen lamps? I can't seem to find them on the Screen website (or anywhere).

Sadly one of the "backup" pair broke when I got this scanner, and now I'm getting intermittent low-light warnings, and a seemingly poor DR in areas of higher density. Disappointing.

I saw a post from several years ago about someone replacing the lamps/ballasts with something new, and easily replaceable. Anyone try this recently? I'm not really up to modding this expensive scanner, but if there was a drop-in "kit" of some sort, I might be interested in paying someone for that.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

A few weeks ago, I contacted Screen support in Germany. I was called by phone 24h later and got great support. I would contact your local support, in your case:

North and South America
    SCREEN USA
    5110 Tollview Dr., Rolling Meadows, IL 60008, USA
    TEL: 1-847-870-7400
    URL: http://www.screenusa.com/

http://www.screenusa.com/index.php/support

Afaik, prices are a bit on the expensive side for lamps.

Christian

Thanks Christian, I'll give them a call. It might be expensive...but I guess it's worth it.
    I got a virus notification from there support page though. Strange.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome