Page 18 of 107 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

That's great, Jim. Thanks!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Jim,

This is fantastic. Thanks!
    Peter Y.

Thanks also to Jim,

We followed the instructions and were able to clean the items he described. Put it all back together and it's working like new. We're not getting the flare anymore and the scans are much cleaner.

Jeff

Jeff, that's good to hear!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”

Thanks for the expert info on this thread!
    I vaguely knew the Cezanne was a good unit - and when one came up at eBay for a steal price I went for it - only to realize much later that (a) it's to big to easily transport it across the Atlantic, as I must and (b) it may not have the bolts Ted mentioned that need to be in place when transported. It was obviously a case of when it's too good to be true...

Still, enjoyed the reading, trying to cancel my purchase in consultation with the seller (who found the item in a building his company purchased). It was $299 so perhaps good for spare parts. No software. What was I thinking?

Is it still possible to get Colorgenius for OSX from Screen? Could not find it on their website. If so, how expensive would it be?

When last I talked to a rep at Screen USA, which was about a year ago, upgrades were still available. Upgrading from CG1 to CG2 was around $1000. That means that the non-upgrade version was probably available as well, but I expect it would be very expensive.

Do you have the lock down instructions for a Cezanne Elite?

Quote Originally Posted by 8x10 user View Post
    Do you have the lock down instructions for a Cezanne Elite?
    I don't, but I'm sure Screen-USA has the appropriate manuals.

Hi all,

I've been using my screen elite now for 18 months or so and I'm getting some really good results on some chromes and negatives. I'm really struggling with others though. Below are two versions of the one chrome - one from a canon i9950f and one from the Screen. I scanned the canon with silverfast but it was some time ago and I cannot remember what corrections I made with the silverfast software before opening in photoshop, but don't believe it would've been too many. The screen one was scanned as a raw scan as well. As you can see the result is much darker in the shadows on the Screen. I've attached some edited (in photoshop) crops from the two scans, bringing out the shadows. As you can see the canon I think has better colour and it is much easier to get shadow detail out. My photoshop skills are not sufficient to get these two scans to look alike. I do not think this should be the case as the screen should have better DMAX. I believe it may be down to ICC profiles. Colorgenius seems to save TIFF's with no ICC profile. I therefore have no profile to assign when opening in photoshop with the exception of the default screen s5500 profile which results in a even darker scan than assigning AdobeRGB (my preferred working space). I suppose custom ICC profiles should improve this, but the difference is rather vast and I would've thought that a custom ICC profiles for individual film would've been only slightly better than the generic Screen profile.
    (Canon scan is the first of each group)