Page 54 of 107 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Bryan, please post what you find out about replacement lamps. Mine are close to going.

FYI, if any of you are using P99 as a replacement platen, know that the sharpness of the scans degrades over time. I'm using Aztek drum cleaner, and I suspect the fluid degrades the non-glare surface with repeated cleaning cycles. I can't be more specific, but I'd guess maybe over 30 cleaning cycles. So the good news is I'm pretty good at focusing my Toho 4x5. The bad news is that I have some rescanning to do.

Best,
    Peter Y.

Hello People,

make slow progress with my new old Cezanne FT s5000. Try to get it work with Colorscope V. 1.0 in Mac Os9 but I have a problem.

When I start the maintainer (V.2.0.0) to update the firmware (V.2.0.1) I get an error message right at the beginning. "Load Driver: An Error occured. No.-43 unknown Error" (translated from german) ... then noting.

Any ideas? Don't know what to try next from here. Might the software be corrupt? Can somebody send me a different maintainer?

To the Scanner: When I switch it on it gives me three beeps. The questionmark-LED is active all the time, and the one with the house blinks constantly. The scanner shows up in the system profiler so the Scsi Card may not be the problem.

Glad for any help, want that baby alive!

Best,
    Joachim

“You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

That sounds like what it would do (especially the lights) when the left "wing" wasn't seated right. Try unhooking that part and reattaching. When you turn on the machine it should make some noise and eventually get to just having the far left and right lights on, not the ? light.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Also, if the front door is not closed properly and the magnetic contact is not cut short, it will exhibit a similar error. Check the magnetic contacts of the front door.

Christian

I just found something out about ColorGenius EX. As far as I remmember, the current common wisom is to enter the extended setup parameter and deactivate every image "enhancements" prior to starting the scan, including sharpening etc. However, I just found out that CG still applies some fundamentel corrections to color and exposure. There corrections might be related to the chosen outout profile thats selected (e.g. EURODS16bit), but they make proper color calibration and especially color negative conversions problematic.

The solution is to drag and drop whatever setting is listed under the right scroll bar column "Finish" back to the left scroll bar column "Finish (Options)" until the right colum "Finish" is totally empty. This will ignore any image adjustments, including the choice of output profile. Even better, this will remain active until you drag and drop a choice of parameters (like "bright") back to the right column. So no more entering extended options and deactivating all image enhancements! The output looks like a raw file with a non-linear gamma encoding. I'm still trying to find out, what GC uses for reference for encoding this file. Maybe it uses the system ICC profile. This way, it might be possible to obtain a linear gamma scan by assigning a linear color profile within the system preferences of Mac OS.

Using these scans, I get awesome and reproducable negative conversions using ColorPerfect (former ColorNeg) plugin. You might want to give it a try.

Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    That sounds like what it would do (especially the lights) when the left "wing" wasn't seated right. Try unhooking that part and reattaching. When you turn on the machine it should make some noise and eventually get to just having the far left and right lights on, not the ? light.
    Thank you Corran, this was the solution. now it works =). Will now work on the software..

Thanks, Christian. I'll give that a try.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”

Quote Originally Posted by joachim.riederer View Post
    Thank you Corran, this was the solution. now it works =). Will now work on the software..
    Great! Glad it worked.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Christian, clearing the right column did appear to give a less processed scan. I didn't have any problem color correcting it in Photoshop. I also did a version with the "standard" output. I used the curve feature to invert it. (I have a saved "invert" curve.) I then set white and black points using the eye-dropper and adjusted the numbers a bit. This also gave a good scan. I'll have to investigate which way I like better.