Page 64 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Hi,

thanks Gui, the tray appears flat and is well-seated.

I tried a different position and also putting a picture frame glass on top, but it does not change the issue.

BTW, I found out the password of the SuperMaintainer, it's 'jupiter'.
    In case anyone is interested.
    DISCLAIMER: Please note that there's a good chance you can destroy your scanner if using that wrong.
    It's only intended to be used by screen support technicians.
    Also undocumented.

Therein exists a means to do an autoadjust,
    but one would need the glass holder,
    I guess that's the one without the ANR pattern.
    And I expect some proprietary targets.

There is also a means to check the lens height,
    but in my case it runs into an SCSI timeout.

Hmmm. Getting our hands onto any maintenance documentation would be precious.

Best regards,
    Martin

Hi Martin, glad to see you got it up and running.
    The calibration lab file refers to a colour reference file that goes with a specific colour calibration target (or batch of targets)

Hi,

A potential newbe to the group! I've read most of this forum but skim read some of it, so apologies if these questions have been answered before.

There is this Cezanne Elite FT-S5500 that I am interested in. The person selling doesn't know that much about it other than he thinks it was in use a few months ago. It was produced in 2000, does the year of manufacture effect which version of CG is used? Is it likely to be version 2?

The seller also doesn't know if the white calibration strip is included. If it is not, how easy is it to get one? And at what cost.

He says there is software with it but doesn't know which version. Worst case it is version 1 and I'll need to run on OS9.

1. Am I correct in saying it is more than just the software you need to run version 2, is there a difference to the scanner?
    2. If the sale was only the scanner, how easy is it to buy everything else I would need to scan, I have a G4 from my redundant ICG.

Thanks, and I hope to be enjoying your vast Cezanne knowledge soon.

It's probably CG V2. The white strip is located on the left side of the bed, when you're facing the scanner. It needs to be there. Don't damage it or get it dirty. I have no idea whether you could still get one from Screen. I'm doubtful. It would be expensive. You can run the scanner with version 1 (os9) or version 2. You might have to do firmware updates. See Screen's download page, once you find out what software is included. Make sure that the scanner system is locked down in the home position before moving the scanner, if you decided to get it.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. De Smidt View Post
    It's probably CG V2. The white strip is located on the left side of the bed, when you're facing the scanner. It needs to be there. Don't damage it or get it dirty. I have no idea whether you could still get one from Screen. I'm doubtful. It would be expensive. You can run the scanner with version 1 (os9) or version 2. You might have to do firmware updates. See Screen's download page, once you find out what software is included. Make sure that the scanner system is locked down in the home position before moving the scanner, if you decided to get it.
    Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

If I was to find someone with this software, is it possible to copy it to a DVD and use that copy? Or does each software come with its own serial number?

Thanks

Took delivery of the Evonik products
    "Plexiglass Gallery UV100 Anti-Reflex" 3mm and
    "Plexiglass Optical Glass with Anti-Scratch Coating" 5mm,
    which I plan to use as hold down plates.

Will test them and see how they influence resolution and newton rings.
    In case someone is interested, I can post some results.

In Anti-Newton-Ring scenarios, which side of the glass would you normally put down (touching the negative)?
    The Anti-Reflex-side goes down, not the uncoated side, am I right?

Best regards and thanks,
    Martin

Hi Martin, Yes, you're right. The textured/coated side goes against the base side, i.e. the super shiny side, of the negative.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”

I found Evoniks Anti-Reflex far to textured compared to the original platen. I've seen P99 being recommended but don't know how it compares to the original platen and it seems sadly like no one at all is carrying the P99 type AR Plexiglass in Europe.

Hello Cezanne users,

As a long time forum follower and now a member thanks for all that valuable input!

I just acquired a Cezanne FT5500, which I'll use mainly to prescan (6x24,4x5,8x10) before selected negs will be drum scanned (I run 2 scanmates - wet scans only). The FT5500 is in good shape and I managed to test scan some slides under OS 9.2. I struggled a little bit because the preowner provided also the G4 Mac starting Tiger (10.4) and the scanner was recognized there under "System Report" correctly but when starting Color Genius 1.02 from Tiger the Server/Maintainer (implicitely starting the classic environment in OS X) could not find the scanner. So the right thing is to to start and use Color Genius 1.0X from OS 9.x directly, right? Or did someone manage to use CG from the classic environment under Tiger?

Since I'm not a skilled OS 9 (can't manage to start the network) person and still not 100% sure how to locate / find files efficently I kindly ask if someone could provide a CG 2.x version for Tiger. I did a lot of research and the forums tell that the support is not able to provide this version any more (the Japan Screen sites lists only updates, or do I miss here something?). I'm willing to provide some sheet film as an exchange - I live in Germany (near of FFM) so if anybody is interested I appriciate your feedback.

Again 1000 THX for all the info in this thread - you helped a lot to set my FT5500 up!

Regards
    Stefan V.

Yes, with CG Version 1 you have to boot from OS9.