Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microtek M1 and Silverfast Ai Studio

Microtek M1 and Silverfast Ai Studio

The other threads where this is being discussed have gotten so long that I didn't want it to be buried. It occurred to me that some may be running the M1 Pro with the version of Silverfast Ai Studio that comes packaged with the scanner as opposed to v10.5.x which can be downloaded from the website. The latest version is 10.5.r4.

Most of the initial run of M1's were manufactured and packaged and shipped with the immediate prior version of Silverfast which was not touted as being Leopard compatible. I never even tried it. I just downloaded the newer version from the web when I set my M1 up at the end of November, just after I had loaded Leopard. As noted elsewhere, I have not been able to replicate the issue with the lines that others have encountered; onder if it is the software version? Wonder if the newer online version makes a difference with Windows OS as well?

Just a thought.

Re: Microtek M1 and Silverfast Ai Studio

Ted-- Good point, but the problems have been with the current version of Silverfast AI Studio. The software does an automatic check upon install and downloads a newer version if it finds one on the Silverfast server. Silverfast has confirmed to me that the problem has been replicated and they hope to have it addressed in the next release of AI. I've asked about a timetable for the new release, but they haven't responded yet--probably because they don't know. I'm confident that Silverfast will be able to fix the problem, although we may have a bit of a wait.

Barry I know that Microtek is also putting the pressure on them.

That's good to hear. I understand that Microtek has no control over the situation with Silverfast, but they should has some leverage in terms of future and continued deals to offer bundled packages with AI. As long as the problem is on their radar screens, I'm willing to wait and see if the problem is resolved in a reasonable amount of time. If I can get a new release of AI without the bugs, I'll be happy with M1.

Ted,

I loaded the software that came with the M1 when I encountered my line issue. I subsequently uninstalled both the software and hardware, reloading the software from the LaserSoft website (the latest version of Ai Studio). Same problem with both versions. I am running MS XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    The other threads where this is being discussed have gotten so long that I didn't want it to be buried. It occurred to me that some may be running the M1 Pro with the version of Silverfast Ai Studio that comes packaged with the scanner as opposed to v10.5.x which can be downloaded from the website. The latest version is 10.5.r4.

Most of the initial run of M1's were manufactured and packaged and shipped with the immediate prior version of Silverfast which was not touted as being Leopard compatible. I never even tried it. I just downloaded the newer version from the web when I set my M1 up at the end of November, just after I had loaded Leopard. As noted elsewhere, I have not been able to replicate the issue with the lines that others have encountered; onder if it is the software version? Wonder if the newer online version makes a difference with Windows OS as well?

Just a thought.
    Perhaps your unit was cherry picked by Microtek and is not represenative of the production units folks have been complaining about.

Don Bryant

Don--Everything points to a software issue with Silverfast. Microtek hasn't been able to duplicate the problem, so I doubt it was an issue of cherry picking. Microtek already delayed M1 production to deal with some issues, so I think they would have continued to hold if they thought there was any problem.

Silverfast let me know they're currently testing a fixed version of AI and they hope to have testing completed within the next week.

It would have been nice if LaserSoft sent out an email about this. What I can't figure out is how this software problem just sort of popped up and then got worse. A while ago, there were only a few lines (I think) and now, all over the image. The last time, I must have spent about 3 hours with the clone tool before I just gave up (I have an 1800f). I was on the verge of getting either an M1 or the V750 when I found this thread.

Again,not everyone has the problem and I, for one, have tried and not been able to replicate it.