Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All Good Things Come to an End - Black and White Photography Magazine (UK)

Re: All Good Things Come to an End - Black and White Photography Magazine (UK)

Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    B&W UK is now about $12 here in the US and no longer of any value to me.

I plan on buying 3 subscriptions this month:
    B&W (usa)
    Lenswork
    View Camera
    I stopped buying it last year. I subscribe to all three above plus Photo Techniques. I have Lenswork Extended as well and have not had enough time to look at the past two CDs that are here sitting on my desk. Time to clean off the desk!

Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    B&W UK is now about $12 here in the US and no longer of any value to me.
    Arista edu.Ultra 100iso 25 sheets for $10.99

Now which is more inspiring, a fresh box of film, or...?
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

I wonder why I don't see any mention of "AG" here. It's /the/ best photography magazine bar none. Printed like a book, on proper paper, square format, /excellent/ printings of photographs and the whole of a magazine feels more like a photography book.
    It'd seldon available in kiosks, but the subscription is well worth it.

Oh yeah I ditched the two sus mentioned rags some time ago. These are just poor excuses to print adverts.

For me the problem with magazines like Black and White is I can find far better and timely reviews and opinion about digital products on the web. That means as the digital content goes up, the value of the magazine declines for me.

On the wet photography side, I can pull out 20 year old issues of Camera and Darkroom and Photo Techniques and find the technical articles pretty much still applicable today (or I have a book that covers pretty much any subject). So unless the images and portfolios are something special I have little reason to purchase anymore.

I do agree with opinions of AG. Very much has the feel of Camera and Darkroom from the 1980s with exceptional portfolios and reproduction quality.

It's still morning here so i may be a little slow Can someone enlighten me about "AG" seems that i am missing something special.
    Thanks..

AG = Ag or rather Silver, it's published in the UK, and its extremely well written and a very good resource.

Ian

Ian, Any links? The first 10 pages on a Google search does not bring anything up (Except agriculture)

Here it is Jan, http://www.ag-photo.co.uk/. I've been having better luck with ask.com lately.

Thanks Colin.

jan

Wink Re: All Good Things Come to an End - Black and White Photography Magazine (UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pedersen View Post
    Ian, Any links? The first 10 pages on a Google search does not bring anything up (Except agriculture)
    Comes first here with "ag photo mag"