Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Microtek M1 user experiences

Re: Microtek M1 user experiences

Even easier ..... spray the film with Prazio's anti newton-ring spray and slap it on the glass.

Stevn, careful with the black paper .... it can get hot inside there if you forget to turn off the scanner.

Ted,
    Do you think I would see benifit in doing this over using the provided film holder for 4x5? I am using a Mocrotek 2500.

Thanks,
    Peter

Ted - Thanks for the caution regarding the paper. If it starts discoloring then I will know it is getting overly hot. I may have to research something else to use.

The spray would certainly be easier. I think the slightly better scan is worth the little extra work it takes to do a wet mount though.

Peter,

Try it and see. I don't think y ou are going to see much difference but it is worth a try and the Prazio spray is relatively inexpensive. You can call and order direct from them. try their sameple kit of stuff .. it is a bargain.

Ted,
    I am using a Microtek 2500 too. Do you think it´s worth upgrading to an IQsmart 2 or 3 or to a Cezanne? Or do you think I can get similiar results with my Microtek when scanning 4x5 and 8x10 film? For 35 mm an 120 film I use a Minolta Dimage Scan Multi pro.
    Thanks in advance

Jürgen

The samples on the collaborative scanner comparison seem to indicate some very strong colour fringing (especially in the close-up text sample). Have M1/F1 users noticed this in their day-to-day scanning?

If so, is there a way to remove this in PP? I know that Lightroom and PS have chromatic aberration removal - does this sort of tool work with colour fringing on scans, or is there some other way?

And any news from any F1 users yet about how their units perform?

Thanks in advance
    Gareth

retrogaz - I see the color fringig in the newspaper crop but do't in the others. Also it is very slight on this monitor ... I wonder how much of this is due to monitor calibration but it is there for sure. Yes, reducng saturation in PS or LR will help.

Jurgen - the difference in scans from either the Cezane or the IQ2/3 will very significnt. me holds with the results you will get from these machines v. the Dimage. IMO, and I have both an IQ3 and a Cezanne, the IQ3 is a superior machine. If you are buying new the IQ2 will cost you a whole lot less than the others.

Ted,
    I am about to get a Canham 57 wood and a M1 pro. Based on your experience, what's the best way to scan 57 b&w on a M1? as there is no holder for such format. Just want to match the quality of the 67 from my nikon 8000ed.

BTW, didn't see your depth review of M1 on this VC issue, at least not on the site, will take several more days for me to get this issue here in Ontario.

Cheers

A
    www.andrewren.com

Andrew,

You can either tape or wet mount your film to the glass tray that slides into the scanner. IMO wet mounting doesn't gain much unless you want to eliminate scratches. Use drafting or low adhesive blue painters tape. Mount your film emulsion side up.

Thanks Ted.
    will this cause the Newton ring? or this no glass on top the emulsion side? and what will be the Max resolution of the 5x7 though? as i think the head used on glass tray will be @ a lower res setting.

Cheers

Andrew