Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kodak profit rises

Re: Kodak profit rises

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    If a company stops making, or reduces the range of, products, it is no wonder why revenue decreases from that particular range of products.
    It's a good thing you teach photography and not business. It's that kind of simplicity that's running the US right now.

Regards, Art.

Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    It's a good thing you teach photography and not business. It's that kind of simplicity that's running the US right now.

Regards, Art.
    Huh?

I happen to think Kodak shares are worth looking at. I wouldn't buy it now while this subprime thing is going on. I'd also wait until the company has finished restructuring.
    If Kodak does manage to sell anywhere near 2 million consumer inkjets, then it should be a winner. The time to look is after its second quarter results.

Their film division didn't do too badly...it still had sales of well over $2 billion. Do you think they are going to just give up on film and give all that revenue to Fujifilm? Not a chance. Ilford can only dream about that kind of sales.

I used about 1000 sheets of Kodak large format film this year so I would love to invest in a company whose products I love. I loved Apple computers since 1984. I bought Apple shares when everyone said it was no good, in the mid $20's. When the first iPod came out I bought one and thought it was the coolest thing around. I use gas for my car so I bought shares of Imperial oil. I like to put my money on stocks of companies whose products I use on a daily basis.

I wouldn't count out Kodak. People will always want photographs and Kodak will lead the way again. When I make portraits and landscapes, my customers always ask what kind of film I use...I always say Kodak. They ask why, and I reply because it's the best.

Kay