Ellis, Okay we ran our first control strip since last November today. My boss saw the little comment I made the other day so...anyways the strip came out almost perfect. The speed in the blue (LD) was a little off, but it was still within tolerance according to Kodak. The film's been looking great, so I guess we'll run more strips and see if this is a trend.

The problems were were having earlier were centered around the purity of the nitrogen we were using, the pH of the color dev. and a pre-wet on the machine. Once we got all this hammered out, our film has been looking real good. It is interesting that Kodak has reformulated their smaller E6 kits. Since they've eliminated formaldehyde from the stabilizer, they now skip the wash between the color dev. and the pre-bleach. I've talked to a few people who still run their Wing Lynch machines this way, but according to Kodak, the pH is very important of the color dev. carried over to the pre-bleach. They said it would affect the long term stability of the magenta in the film, and that the new final rinse is really close to just photo-flo... Is there anyone out there in this group who's running E6, especially in a Wing-Lynch??