Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need to update people on Satin Snow..

I need to update people on Satin Snow..

Hi Folks,

I wanted to post an update on what is going on with Satin Snow Ground Glass, who many of you have orders on file with..

In July of 07, my sister was killed by her husband and I had to spend quite a bit of time out of the office with my father, and we did get through it with a lot of grief and hurt.

In early September I fell off a ladder while working on my home and broke a bone in my back, although not completely debilitating, it did keep me off my feet for a while, and I still produced glass during the month of September, then in early Oct, I had a leg go numb and fell off our back porch, not a big fall, but just big enough to put me in the hospital for tests to see how my circulation functions were working, due to the numbness in my left leg, which continues to this day.

On November 10th I was admitted to our local hospital with a Viral Flu, that they thought was going to kill me, I spent over two weeks on full saturation oxygen. I got out right before Thanksgiving, to spend a couple of more days with my father who had came over for the holiday..

On December 8th, I was diagnosed with pneumonia, and spent another week in the hospital, which puts us up to about Dec 15th, so I had planned to spend time at Christmas with my remaining sister, her Family and my Father, first year is very difficult and I felt we needed to be together..low and behold, the pneumonia came back while I was in Ore, with my family! guess what another 5 days in the hospital! Jeeze this is really getting fun!

Returned home after Christmas, and got to spend another 5 days in the hospital, due to complications again with my back, which I had broke in September, there was a piece of bone that had became detached and was irritating the surround tissue, which caused an infection! (Man, just take me to the vet and put me down)!

And the last segement of my soap opera occured on January 11th, yup, back in the Hospital with the flu again..another 4 days, in the hospital..

So, Just wanted to try an update you with my tale of woe, it has not been a good last few months, I am trying to get everything out, and am not ignoring anyone one of you, but as was brought up in another thread, I am indeed a one man operation, I don't have any help, but am trying very hard to get things back on track and hope to do it real soon, come hell or high water..

Thanks for listening to my tale of woe..and rest assured, I will get your screens to you as soon as I possibly can..

Dave

Re: I need to update people on Satin Snow..

Don't worry about business, Dave. Concentrate on rebuilding your health. Maybe get behind a ground glass instead of just making them. I pray 2008 is a better year for you and your family than 2007 was.

Indeed, take care of yourself. Wishing you a speedy and lasting recovery.

Take care. I think I have an order in there, but I am in NO hurry. It is backup glass. Be well.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

I'm going to keep this and refer back to it whenever I start to feel sorry for myself.

I also think that I'm going to nickname you "Lucky".

Seriously, best of luck, Dave. I have a couple of ground glasses I need to order, but there's no hurry.

Mike
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    Hi Folks,

I wanted to post an update on what is going on with Satin Snow Ground Glass, who many of you have orders on file with..

In July of 07, my sister was killed by her husband and I had to spend quite a bit of time out of the office with my father, and we did get through it with a lot of grief and hurt.

In early September I fell off a ladder while working on my home and broke a bone in my back,.......... then in early Oct, I had a leg go numb and fell off our back porch, not a big fall............numbness in my left leg, which continues to this day.

On November 10th ...Viral Flu, that they thought was going to kill me,

On December 8th, I was diagnosed with pneumonia, and spent another week in the ...... Dec 15th, low and behold, the pneumonia came back while I was in Ore, with my family! guess what another 5 days in the hospital! Jeeze this is really getting fun!......

And the last segement of my soap opera occured on January 11th, yup, back in the Hospital with the flu again..another 4 days, in the hospital..

Dave
    Hi Dave,

I am concerned for you getting the very best care. It is not to nice to keep coming down with pneumonia and unexpected falls! I wish you a full recovery. The family tragedy is a bag of tears you guys certainly did not need or deserve.

I do hope you have a brilliant diagnostician as I think you might need an overall look at what might connect the origin of the different medical issues.

Kindest wishes for full recovery and a more vigorous and warmer 2008 for you and your devastated family. The love between you all is the best nectar I know to sustain you.

Asher

Wishing you better health ... stay on ground level whenever possible!

Kind regards,
    Darr

Dave,

Please take care of yourself and get rid of those woes!

My best wishes!!!
    Hugo

I hope you get well soon! I just put in an order and I am excited to see the new glass, but your health is number one priority. Be well.

~Nate

Geeze! Get well. Get some fresh air. Search for an intern.