Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: A Cardboard Box Arrived from China! Chamonix 8x10!

Re: A Cardboard Box Arrived from China! Chamonix 8x10!

Quote Originally Posted by Songyun View Post
    No, I am looking for a long arca type plate. Try to determine between 4", 6" and 8".
    Hi Songyun,

At long last your measurement! The distance between the center of the two standard tripod holes is exactly 80 mm. I hope this is helpful. The smaller, 5mm one is to the front of the 9 mm hole.

Asher

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
    Hi Songyun,

At long last your measurement! The distance between the center of the two standard tripod holes is exactly 80 mm. I hope this is helpful. The smaller, 5mm one is to the front of the 9 mm hole.

Asher
    Asher, Thanks for the measurement. You must have been busy shooting photos.

Seems a great camera... anyone can tell if it's possible to use the sinar auto-aperture shutter with it?
    thanks
    andre

p.s. Asher, could you provide a picture of how the bellows is attached to the front standard? thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by bardamu View Post
    Seems a great camera... anyone can tell if it's possible to use the sinar auto-aperture shutter with it?
    thanks
    andre

p.s. Asher, could you provide a picture of how the bellows is attached to the front standard? thank you so much
    Hi André,

I'll make a note to do that. What does the auto-shutter look like? What shutter speeds are you thinking of?

Asher

Asher thank you,
    you can see how the sinar shutter is mounted here: http://www.kenleegallery.com/images/...narshutter.jpg

it sits between the bellows and the front standard

speeds allowed are from 8 sec. to 1/60 sec. plus B

andrea

any advice on using a Sinar shutter on a Chamonix 8x10 is really appreciated
    thank you!

any advice on using a Sinar shutter on a Chamonix 8x10 is really appreciated
    thank you!
    I've checked the Chamonix. The bellows comes off the front standard in 1 second. Just one sliding retainer to open! The end of the bellows is very well formed and should easily be fitted into an adapter or perhoas is the same size. If you have the exact measurements of a Sinar Shutter we could get a better idea.

I can easily design an adapter for the base to hold the shutter perfectly orthogonal and stable. However, do you happen to know what are the differences in Sinar shutters and what adaption and allowance have to be made and what are the limitations. I see that one limit is is the widest aperture of f4.0.

Asher
    Last edited by Asher Kelman; 26-Feb-2008 at 01:40. Reason: Adding a Sinar Shutter to a Chamonix or other LF camera?

I've checked the Chamonix. The bellows comes off the front standard in 1 second. Just one sliding retainer to open! The end of the bellows is very well formed and should easily be fitted into an adapter or perhoas is the same size. If you have the exact measurements of a Sinar Shutter we could get a better idea.
    Asher, the measures of the shutter (and the way it connects to the standard) are exactly the same as the sinar lensboard

...However, do you happen to know what are the differences in Sinar shutters and what adaption and allowance have to be made and what are the limitations. I see that one limit is is the widest aperture of f4.0.
    mine is the f5.6 model, please feel free to ask me any other detail, I can post close ups of it.
    thank you again
    andre

Asher, the measures of the shutter (and the way it connects to the standard) are exactly the same as the sinar lensboard

mine is the f5.6 model, please feel free to ask me any other detail, I can post close ups of it.
    thank you again
    andre
    Bardamu, so what shutter is appropriate and why? Do you have a Sinar shutter yet?

I'd love to try one for you!

Asher

Yes I do have the one with 5.6 widest aperture, like this

pic shows the side that goes into the back of the front standard, just like the sinar lensboard it is a square of approximately 139x139mm and it has an inner relief of appr. 127x127mm (I guess this is the light trap).

basically if you can mount a sinar lensboard into the back of the front standard of your Cham, it will be possible to mount the sinar shutter also. you can easily try this.
    the other side of the shutter is made to accept the end of the bellows.
    can you provide pictures of the back of the front standard with bellows detached and a measure of the end of the bellows?
    thank you