Page 90 of 756 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190590 ... LastLast

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Buck View Post
    Continue with the trees please!!
    Twin Yoshino Cherry trees – dressed in their April finest.

This is the chief Cherry tree that consecrates spring-time Washington D.C. – but it blesses us here in Seattle, too.

A difficult exposure: the whitest clouds were +2 and +3 EVs, the darkest trunks were -2 and -3 EVs. But my Astia film was kind enough to capture grassy detail in the tree shadows.

Tachi 4x5
    Schneider XL 110mm/5.6
    1/30 sec. @ f/22
    Astia 100F
    Levelled camera (w/ 17mm front rise)
    Epson 4990
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Twin Yoshino Cherries.jpg  

Ron Miller

Oh, the humanity.

Ok, my fault I wasn't aware that stitches were ok here I was assuming that was taken with no large format camera/lens at all, just purely stitched with ball head or something. I've got a bunch of stitches from my digital cameras as well, but I don't put them on the back of a LF camera, I just use a ball head. those ok to post?

Continue with the trees please!!
    Yeah Daniel go ahead and post em up.I think the requirement is they be at least 300mb in file size or similar.I don't have that dslr back in the link I posted for my 4x5 yet, just a pano head and various digital cameras.The tree I posted is just a little Fuji F31fd pocket cam on a $50.00 Ritz el cheapo ball head, not even my nodal ninja.The file size is huge.Took AutoPano pro 30min to do its thing.What I'm finding is I like the tremendous depth of field these little cameras give with their little sensors.Its a good substitute for tilt on the 810 to get everything in focus I find.So yeah I'd be interested to see what you have stitched together myself.I like lots of detail and clarity in photos which is what drew me to the 810 view camera to begin with.Now I'm finding I can also get it with other capture methods, though I have most fun with the 810 and 45 view cameras.

Chris,

For the sake of research, how many rows of how many frames? Zoomed to max. telephoto setting?
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

Quote Originally Posted by venchka View Post
    Chris,

For the sake of research, how many rows of how many frames? Zoomed to max. telephoto setting?
    Well on the camera its zoomed all the way in, rows=3 wide x 4 tall.Here is one I did this morning with the same configuration

100% Crop

3d Visual Effects artist

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Strobel View Post
    Yeah Daniel go ahead and post em up.I think the requirement is they be at least 300mb in file size or similar.I don't have that dslr back in the link I posted for my 4x5 yet, just a pano head and various digital cameras.The tree I posted is just a little Fuji F31fd pocket cam on a $50.00 Ritz el cheapo ball head, not even my nodal ninja.The file size is huge.Took AutoPano pro 30min to do its thing.What I'm finding is I like the tremendous depth of field these little cameras give with their little sensors.Its a good substitute for tilt on the 810 to get everything in focus I find.So yeah I'd be interested to see what you have stitched together myself.I like lots of detail and clarity in photos which is what drew me to the 810 view camera to begin with.Now I'm finding I can also get it with other capture methods, though I have most fun with the 810 and 45 view cameras.
    Alot of times when I stitch, I stitch wide open to get thinner DOF, usually using a 1Ds2 and 85/1.2, 135/2.0, or 300/2.8 I'm not sure if I have any stitches that are of trees, however. Sometimes as small as a 2x3 grid, sometimes up to 7x9 or more.
    Daniel Buck - 3d VFX artist
    3d work: DanielBuck.net
    photography: 404Photography.net - BuckshotsBlog.com

Alot of times when I stitch, I stitch wide open to get thinner DOF, usually using a 1Ds2 and 85/1.2, 135/2.0, or 300/2.8 I'm not sure if I have any stitches that are of trees, however. Sometimes as small as a 2x3 grid, sometimes up to 7x9 or more.
    Wow 7x9 with a 1dsII, thats what 16mp full frame, that definitely qualifies as large format .Post some up in the general digital section here.I'd love to see what you've done.I had a Canon 5D for a while but finally got rid of it due to lack of DOF and lack of money to buy TS lenses I just placed an order for a canon G2.Hopefully that will be my new secret stitching weapon and also serve as a light meter for shooting Provia on the 8x10.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Is this trees?? It IS about the trees! For me it is about the image, not the process.

Jim.

3d Visual Effects artist

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Is this trees?? It IS about the trees! For me it is about the image, not the process.

Jim.
    like I said, sorry, I didn't realize digital stitches were ok here. lets move on to more trees
    Daniel Buck - 3d VFX artist
    3d work: DanielBuck.net
    photography: 404Photography.net - BuckshotsBlog.com

lets move on to more trees
    Here’s a Sawara Cypress standing healthy and tall.

Its soft, luxurious boughs make it a favorite tree of mine. If I were lost in the forest, I’d look for a Sawara Cypress to make a bed from its boughs. I’d cover myself with them, too!

Also a second Sawara Cypress – this one posted earlier to the “Do your trees frighten anyone?” thread. It used to be just over the hill from its companion – but as you now know, it rose from its grave and has disappeared.

Living Sawara
    Tachi 4x5
    Schneider XL 110mm/5.6
    1/8 sec. @ f/22
    Velvia-50
    Neutral camera (w/ 30mm front rise)
    Epson 4990

Resurrected Sawara
    Toyo 45c
    Schneider XL 110mm/5.6
    1/2 sec. @ f/22
    TMax-100 (TMax RS developer)