Page 452 of 756 FirstFirst ... 352402442450451452453454462502552 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 7558

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

Pulled out Pentax meter and it was dead! (bought in 1977, serial # 78878.) SWAG on exposure. Close...on the thin side.

I looked at this with polarizer but decided no filter. Heavy overcast. I expect I will soft-pencil-on-negative a little strength into the highlight on the road at the far end to make it shine and then print carefully. Can't go too deep on this one.

Every shining white dot is going to get spotted out to calm the image down.

This is an iphone file of the proof on glass over fixer tray. Looks like it may need a touch of burning on the top 1/3 and bottom 1/3.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8922.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	128987 Road in Red River County near Boxelder, Texas.

I don't know if it looks very high but I am on my 4-Runner. Camera at least 10 feet up to open up the shape of the road.

Ficarolo (RO) Italy - Majestic tree

- Camera: CHAMONIX 45-N2
    - Lens: SCHNEIDER Symmar 135 1:5.6 Convertible
    - Exposure: 1/2 seconds at f 32
    - Film: FOMAPAN - 100 ASA - size 4x5"
    - Developer: KODAK HC-110 - Dilution H (1+63) - 11 minutes and 30 seconds at 20° C
    - Lighting: Ambient light only

Alessandro: Very nice, I'm used to seeing your photographs of people, it is fun to see what you do with other subjects. (Of course, if you could do a tree with a surfboard, that would bring everything back together ). My usual curiosity: the proportions of the color picture of you photographing the tree still look like 4x5 - is that a coincidence, or did someone with a view camera take a picture of you with a view camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Bocchi View Post
    Ficarolo (RO) Italy - Majestic tree

- Camera: CHAMONIX 45-N2
    - Lens: SCHNEIDER Symmar 135 1:5.6 Convertible
    - Exposure: 1/2 seconds at f 32
    - Film: FOMAPAN - 100 ASA - size 4x5"
    - Developer: KODAK HC-110 - Dilution H (1+63) - 11 minutes and 30 seconds at 20° C
    - Lighting: Ambient light only

Is it bad that I also like the color (digital?) image of you? The color tones and the way it is exposed are really actually very nice, it follows the lines of the road well, sometimes taking a step back from your subject gives you something else that's beautiful.

Whow Peter. The proportion of the picture taken with the iPhone is not a coincidence. I crop to 4x5 because i like that kinf of format.
    Ah Ah. Very nice the jike about the tree with the surfboard. Ah ah i agree.
    I am waiting the spring to start again my series of picture of surfers. I am making contacts with person right now.

Yes Stone i agree. I also like more the iPhone picture than the one i took with the 4x5 camera. I did too many mistake. Too much shift of tle lens. The tree is not complete but cropped on the right. I really wish to come back and shot another picture soon or late.

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Bocchi View Post
    Yes Stone i agree. I also like more the iPhone picture than the one i took with the 4x5 camera. I did too many mistake. Too much shift of tle lens. The tree is not complete but cropped on the right. I really wish to come back and shot another picture soon or late.
    You will, your photography is excellent, we are never perfect. But we can strive.

Let celebrate the repair of the forum by posting some images we've been sitting on!

I went out for a walk Friday and nearly froze my hands off even though I was wearing gloves and fully dressed for winter except for not having skipants, which would have been useful that day. It was about 5f and a strong wind. I should have shoveled for a while first to get my blood pumping good. It was the sort of day your eyeballs water from the cold and sun and wind. As usual I took my Rolleiflex, but also brought along the 4x5 speed graphic and 7.25" verito and 2 film holders of fp4+. I worked handheld as setting up a tripod was too slow and I wanted to keep moving. Not many sunny days this time of year, so I was glad to see some shapes cast upon the snow.

img793 by philbrookjason, on Flickr

Tree. East Point, Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by welly View Post

Tree. East Point, Darwin
    Wow! Do many trees grow like that over there? Or is this like annual flooding or something?