Page 439 of 756 FirstFirst ... 339389429437438439440441449489539 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 7557

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

5x7

Ramiro,

I thought about that, it's not an easy task to make a good photo in that situation, even if it's the most common one around here.
    A cloudy day would solve most issues. In this situation I can use a more contrasty film and development to get rid of image "flatness".
    O saw a photo from Austin Granger posted today in the LF Landscape area with the same problem solved with a strong overcast sky, remembered this thread immediately,

Thanks, Ramiro, keep posting, I like a lot your photos,

Cheers,

Renato

Ah, Austin Granger... you know he is not really taking those pictures. It's actually an alien from the future with super powers.

Ahahahaha, true, but wait, no, he's just a guy like everybody here except the gals,

Best,

Renato

Quote Originally Posted by RSalles View Post
    Beautiful shot!

So, long story short, I would have some suggestions for a combination of filter, development and exposure - maybe film exposure and daylight hour - to have a workable negative with nice and detailed foliage without loosing everything on the sky area and don't loose too much on the shadows.
    I know photography is sometimes a question of placing the priorities on the main subject and admit a certain amount of loose elsewhere, but I'm trying to not loose too much, or make a photography with the areas where this losts shows being less attention catcher and ending ruining the shot.

Renato
    Hi,Rsalles
    Thank you for your comments and advice.My idea: filter can change the tone, but will not have a decisive influence.Quality excellent negative can give you more details, but it is not the best solution.Adams said exposure to the shadow area, developing decided to highlight areas that should be the only way to solve.

Hi yingye,

Yes, that's the correct approach.
    I'll begin with a semi-overcast day - to bypass direct sun reflections over the foliage - trying a combination of some filters to see how it renders, maybe yellow, CPL and green, one by one. The true advantage here is that with LF and a negative sheet one can experiment different development times, and that's great,
    and use the best combo, fine tuning at each given situation,

Cheers,

Renato

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Here are some recent carbon prints from my trip to the redwoods in October.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails floating redwood 2 small.jpg   stout 5 small.jpg  

Ah, Jim, excellent images - those shadows! Now I'm learning carbon printing myself, I realize I have a huge amount of respect for how you make yours. The information you have shared (including the popular youtube vid of yours) as well as that of Sandy and Andrew O'Neil's forum posts in various places have already proven to be incredibly helpful indeed! Thanks for sharing your images and your knowledge.

Trees at Birch Point Beach State Park. Lugged in my 8x10 B&J/Kodak 305 portrait/tripod/two film holders about half a mile. 20f, no sunshine. Worth the adventure even without anything to show for it. But I am pleased with these!

I so enjoy my this lens. I wish they made them in smaller sizes. Russ Young says there's a Grubb equivalent, and I looked and those are in smaller sizes, but they seem exceedingly rare.

8x10 tmy2 in pyrocat hd.

img563 by philbrookjason, on Flickr

img564 by philbrookjason, on Flickr

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Thanks for the nice comments. Carbon printing is a labor of love that is for sure. Most people think of sharp images when they see a carbon print but I too love my Kodak 305 Portrait lens. Stopped down they are beautiful. I use mine just down from wide open a bit. Soft focus carbon prints are wonderful to see. These are from Trinidad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trinidad trees 2 small.jpg   trinidad trees 1 small.jpg