Page 174 of 756 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274674 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 7558

Thread: post your trees!

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Re: post your trees!

Quote Originally Posted by austin granger View Post

Speaking of Point Reyes, if you'll forgive the shameless plug, you might enjoy my ramblings on the peninsula. I talk quite a bit about the Life Saving Service in the "Great Beach" chapter.

www.austingranger.com
    I read the chapter Austin and I must say that I like your writing as well as I do your photography which inspired me to revisit Point Reyes to try and produce a portfolio of images.

Have you given thought of self-publishing your work for sale at the Visitors Center?

Thomas

Flooded river bank at Kerkdriel, the Netherlands, January 14 2011. I used a 210mm lens with a red filter at f/32. Exposed for a couple of seconds, Tmax400, post processed in Adobe Lightroom.

Cemetery, above Schooner Bay, Point Reyes

Eucalyptus and Wind, Drake's Estero, Point Reyes

The Edge of the Bishop Pine Forest from Pierce Point Road, Point Reyes

www.austingranger.com
    Austin, I have to come back to those images again and again... they grow on me so much... they are great...

Jiri
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

@ Google+ | @ Facebook | @ flickr

My books @ Blurb (only heavily outdated "Serene Landscape").

Andi Heuser

Bellinzona #1 by andi_heuser, on Flickr

A shot from the river Fiume Ticino in southern Switzerland.
    A tree was carried away by the flood and smashed against another tree.
    Film was Polaroid 55.

Eucalyptus and Wind, Drake's Estero, Point Reyes
    Very nice; most original in this thread in a while.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Personally I like the first and third image the best with #3 ranked first in my eye. I have driven past that view numerous times while admiring it but never stopping the car to take a photo. One day, though, I will. I promise.

Reading Austin's post http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=70058 provided the inspiration to begin visiting Pt. Reyes to create a B&W portfolio, which I have started to do, but this time in a more methodical manner instead of the randomness that have characterized my earlier trips. The idea sprung to mind to accompany the portfolio with a short treatise on natural history of the cape which is surely one of the most unique landscapes on the continent. And it's in motion!

Checking the bookstore at the Visitors Center I found just one photo book devoted to the peninsula - a well used coffee table style edition of excellent B&W images by a photographer whose name I do not now remember who apparently worked with a 35mm film camera.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    Personally I like the first and third image the best with #3 ranked first in my eye. I have driven past that view numerous times while admiring it but never stopping the car to take a photo. One day, though, I will. I promise.

Reading Austin's post http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=70058 provided the inspiration to begin visiting Pt. Reyes to create a B&W portfolio, which I have started to do, but this time in a more methodical manner instead of the randomness that have characterized my earlier trips. The idea sprung to mind to accompany the portfolio with a short treatise on natural history of the cape which is surely one of the most unique landscapes on the continent. And it's in motion!

Checking the bookstore at the Visitors Center I found just one photo book devoted to the peninsula - a well used coffee table style edition of excellent B&W images by a photographer whose name I do not now remember who apparently worked with a 35mm film camera.

Thomas
    Thomas, I think the photographer you're probably thinking of is Marty Knapp. http://martyknapp.com/ He has a gallery/store in Point Reyes Station you might check out next time you're there. He's a good photographer, and a nice guy, though I have to say, I was a was a little bummed when he came out with his book, as at the time I was shopping my own manuscript around and it felt like he beat me to the punch-ha! There is another book by Richard Blair and Kathleen Goodwin called Point Reyes Visions: http://pointreyesvisions.com/ which I believe was very successfully self-published. In any case though, the peninsula is photographically inexhaustible and in my opinion deserves all the odes it gets-bearing in mind of course that if it ever DOES get published, MY ode will be the definitive one! Seriously though, Point Reyes is an extraordinary place, and it will get into you, as it does to all who wander there, very, very deeply.

I wish you the best as you embark on this journey. You are sure to have many adventures, and I look forward to hearing of them.
    Austin
    www.austingranger.com

Thank you Jiri, John, and jp498 for your kind words on my pictures. I appreciate it very much.

Austin

Image taken back in November near Cedar Breaks, UT with an Ebony 5x7. Jim

Sweet Jim. Awesome image!