Page 421 of 756 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431471521 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 7557

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

Quote Originally Posted by h2oman View Post
    Beautiful scene, and well rendered, JeRuFo. Have you given any thought to perhaps cropping out the light tree on the left? I find it pulling my eye out of the scene that way.
    Thanks for your comment. Yes, I did think of that, even while shooting I was trying to put it inside the frame more, but I couldn't make it work without cropping too much of the right side of the frame and disturbing the foreground. I should have shot it with a little more room on all sides and cropped it later, but my aversion of cropping after the fact made me decide otherwise. There is a little more room on the left of the tree on the negative, but the film holder of my scanner won't let me scan the whole frame. I do like it included in the shot, it's yet another element to an already diverse scene.

Jewan
    A puny body weakens the soul.
    Paul Cezanne

Quote Originally Posted by JeRuFo View Post

Twickel, Fomapan 100 4x5, Nikkor 90/4.5

I spent a lovely foggy morning at a nearby estate last saturday.

While I was shooting a man, who was walking his dog, came standing next to me and said 'Do you see something I don't see?'
    Turns out he thought I was looking for a special bird or something, but I was quite puzzled for a while. When I told him I was shooting the wider view he went on and let his dog of the leash so he could swim for a few minutes, right in front of my camera!
    I'm quite used to people coming up to me when I'm shooting LF, but usually they try to disturb me or the view as little as possible. Never had someone stand right in front of the camera for a few minutes. Luckily it was a very quiet morning and I wasn't in a rush, but with changing light I would have been a little annoyed.
    It was worth the wait, and I understand that the park is for everyone etc., but that was pretty rude of him to do that and I probably would've said something in the same situation.

I'm very impressed with the way you handle the FOMA100, your shadow detail is extremely good and it almost has an infrared quality in the leaves above, exceptional image if I do say so myself.

Exquisite shadow details. How did you meter it and develop it if I may ask. With the fog, was it a relatively low contrast scene.

As far as composition, I think the light tree on the left balances the lighter tones on the right. It gives me a choice whether to leave the scene or not, but I chose not to as my eyes want to return to the center highlights. the highlights above with the sky and the lake are well balanced.

While I was shooting a man, who was walking his dog, came standing next to me and said 'Do you see something I don't see?'
    Turns out he thought I was looking for a special bird or something, but I was quite puzzled for a while. When I told him I was shooting the wider view he went on and let his dog of the leash so he could swim for a few minutes, right in front of my camera!
    I'm quite used to people coming up to me when I'm shooting LF, but usually they try to disturb me or the view as little as possible. Never had someone stand right in front of the camera for a few minutes. Luckily it was a very quiet morning and I wasn't in a rush, but with changing light I would have been a little annoyed.

Thank you for your comments, really appreciated. Funny how everyone judges a composition differently.

It was a quite low contrast scene, but you can get fomapan 100 to record very contrasty scenes too. The only thing it is not good at is make a high key or lower contrast picture, the mood gets heavy and contrasty quickly.

Is shoot it at EI 32, i put the darkest shadow at no lower than -2 and then shoot it pretty much as a c-41 film and let the highlights go (unless I can use a grad filter ofcourse). In this particular instance the brightest part (sky at the top) was at +5, I think. I develop in XTOL 1+2 now, for between 11 and 14 minutes @21C depending on the scene. I agitate once every 45s and a little less later on in the development.
    The very darkest shadows do drop off pretty quickly with this film, but it is usually not a problem if you give it enough light. There isn't a whole lot of details to recover from the bush in the middle, you can just make out the leaves in the darkest part, but can't really recover much beyond that.
    Paul Cezanne

2 Bit Hack

JeRuFo. this is a very pleasant shot! The reflections are perfect as is the overall tone variance. I would have never notice the tree on the right had it not been mentioned. The only suggestion I would make is to backup a few feet, just enough to get more of the tree on the right in the shot and get the tree on the left more off the edge. But I was not there so it really does not matter. It is a wonderful shot.

P.S. The more I see of Fomapan the more I want to try it.
    Regards

Marty

Wonderful capture with a perfect dose of mood.
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

Thank you, this is a great work of art! Patience must be a vertue !

A beauty, Jewan. Great mood and real nice scene. Good thing the light did not turn on you while the dog owner was being inconsiderate.

Thanks all, you're too kind.
    Paul Cezanne

Beautiful image...