Page 376 of 756 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386426476 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 7557

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

Harman Titan Pinhole, 4x5, 72mm, f/206

Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post

Harman Titan Pinhole, 4x5, 72mm, f/206
    Nice hole, I still can't seem to get my size of my pinhole correct and it's always just a little soft this is much sharper nice job

Len - www.lenbruffett.com

Tree at Pt. Lobos CA (Whaler's Cove) and a Joshua Tree near Death Valley CA (this Joshua tree is about 1/2 mile east of the joshua tree used by U2 album cover art for the Joshua Tree album). The actual tree used in the album image died in 2000 - and is now lying in decay on the desert floor. It has become a shrine for U2 fans. there is a large storage container there full of U2 memorabilia and a bronze plaque commemorating the location.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whaler's Cabin Pt. Lobos.jpg   joshua_tree.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ScottPhotoCo View Post
    I am trying to step out of my comfort zones. Not sure if I like it yet, but I'm trying.

Every landscape type image I make either feels cliché or not interesting. Perhaps I'm just battling the creative demons in my head. This image was shot at Griffith Park at the abandoned LA Zoo while I was looking for interesting images for the Rust & Relics print exchange. Something about this tree was beautiful and sad to me. It is living, but clinging to a deteriorating hillside for life. It has fought battles with nature and has the crags and scars to prove it. It's roots are showing like fingers holding on for dear life.

Griffith-Park-Tree_ScottPhotoCo_0214_WM by ScottPhoto.co, on Flickr
    Deardorff 4x5 Special + 1904 Goerz Artar 7" + Kodak TMax 100
    Processed in XTOL 1:1 for 9:15
    Real nice, Scott. Very well composed and executed. I definitely like it.

I can get lost in the thread for hours. Lots of amazing images here... makes me wish I was in a forest!

Richard M. Coda

I don't know when you took the image at Pt. Lobos Len, but this is what it looked like back in the day (1984). Went there 6 years ago with the family... a shame what they had to do to it.
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    Primordial: 2010 - Photographs of the Arizona Monsoon
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10"
    "I shoot a HYBRID - Arca/Canham 11x14"

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Goldman View Post
    Real nice, Scott. Very well composed and executed. I definitely like it.
    Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard M. Coda View Post
    I don't know when you took the image at Pt. Lobos Len, but this is what it looked like back in the day (1984). Went there 6 years ago with the family... a shame what they had to do to it.
    Hi Richard,

My posted image was made in mid 2013 - the fence is gone and dead branches removed the tree - The state has cleaned up the property a bit since 1984 and turned the cabin into a museum. I also photographed the cabin in '84 - but I didn't photograph the tree. They (the state) use to just let nature take it's course (falling dead trees etc). On a nice foggy day the moss and lichen growing from the trees created a good primordial environment.... now arborist roll in and clean up the cypress throughout the reserve. Sort of like having a gardener. In the late 60s and 70s the whole preserve was quite a bit more rustic..... I did one of my Eagle Scout conservation projects there in the late 60's - mainly dealing with soil erosion - Today there are so many visitors it is a little disturbing - some what like going to Yosemite valley in the summer!

Thanks for posting the image

There are a few small Bristle Cone groves in the White Mountains just east of the Sierra Nevada. One of these bristle cones is the oldest living tree on planet earth. (4000 + years). Because the White Mountains are in the rain shadow of the Sierras and the altitude (11,000 ft) it is extremely dry where the trees grow. Any moisture that does hit the area evaporates very quickly - even the snow doesn't really melt.- it evaporates. When they do die they do not rot - Some are hundreds of years old. I have attached a few images of two different dead trees. Even under the worst lighting or weather you can make a nice image of these trees.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bristlecone Ghost Tree one.jpg   Crumbling Bristolcone Tree.jpg   Bristlecone Ghost Tree two.jpg   Sweeping Clouds and Bristlecone Tree.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Halide View Post
    There are a few small Bristle Cone groves in the White Mountains just east of the Sierra Nevada. One of these bristle cones is the oldest living tree on planet earth. (4000 + years). Because the White Mountains are in the rain shadow of the Sierras and the altitude (11,000 ft) it is extremely dry where the trees grow. Any moisture that does hit the area evaporates very quickly - even the snow doesn't really melt.- it evaporates. When they do die they do not rot - Some are hundreds of years old. I have attached a few images of two different dead trees. Even under the worst lighting or weather you can make a nice image of these trees.
    That first one is awesome!