Page 193 of 756 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293693 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 7557

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

Nice one Shac!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Gledhill View Post
    This was taken about a month ago just prior to sunset in Brittany (NW France) during what was has turned out to be the earliest and mildest spring in parts of NW Europe for many a long year.

Beech Avenue - Brittany
    Really beautiful !!

Thanks Eric - plan on going back on the next fine day

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post
    Really beautiful !!
    +1. It has that 'look' to it. The lighting is brilliant and so is the composition. Appears perfectly exposed and developed. Is that what gives it that 'look'? Great shot.
    My website Flickr
    "There is little or no ‘reality’ in the blacks, grays and whites of either the informational or expressive black-and-white image" -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Cole View Post
    Love the lighting on this, but FWIW, I would crop about 1/3 of the foreground (just above the highlighted grasses on the lower right) for a more balanced image. This leaves a nice glow leading up from the bottom to the tree. Very nice shot!
    I kinda like it the way it is. Cropping it would look like artificial vignetting. The foreground shows how rolling the landscape is. It's a nice photo.

Dead wood standing. Have heard that this is a kind of Freudian photograph..

4x5 TMY-2, SA 8/75mm and Hasemi FT45 field camera.

Jukka Vuokko
    Flickr

jvuokko, it's amazing how much your part of Finland looks like my part of Maine!

I've seen similar winter scenes, and now you're shooting woods scenes just like I've been eyeing but haven't gotten to with my LF camera yet. It'll be a couple weeks before work takes me to that spot and the leaves will probably on then.

Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    jvuokko, it's amazing how much your part of Finland looks like my part of Maine!

I've seen similar winter scenes, and now you're shooting woods scenes just like I've been eyeing but haven't gotten to with my LF camera yet. It'll be a couple weeks before work takes me to that spot and the leaves will probably on then.
    I guess that environment is quite similar. Finland is a bit more north but gets plenty of warm from Gulf stream (without it, here would be Siberian climate).

I have found that many places that belongs Taiga or boreal forest area shares much of similarities. Including even Hokkaido at Japan.
    They all have also plenty of mosquitos...
    Jukka Vuokko
    Flickr

Afternoon light and wind. FP100C on 4x5 viewcamera. 135mm Sironar S. Much closer to 5x7 aspect ratio and cheaper than the 45 stuff.

I was biking with my wife 2 years ago on a early fall and i came across this fallen tree in a river near my home .I was biking on a mountain bike ,so there was no room for large format .All we had with us was a nikon coolpix 7900 pocket camera .The water was calm,no wind, the sun was low in the sky if i remember right and yellow and red leafs on the trees around caught my eyes .I asked her for her camera ,composed the picture the best i could and took the shot .There was no time to go back home and get the real stuff ,it was getting dark .When igot home and looked the picture in the computer i almost killed myself for not having the right equipment at that time .I love the felling and tonal range of the picture along with the reflection in the water .I went to the same place many times after that but the water is never like that ,neither the colors and even the trees around are getting bigger .I'm sad because it is not an 8x10 Tmax sheet of film shot through my Cooke XV ,but at the same time ,i'm happy to have taken the shot.At least i can make some 4x6 post card with it .4x6 ??? What is that ???????????