Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Emulsion Magazine Status Update

Re: Emulsion Magazine Status Update

To clarify what I said in my previous post and roteagues reply:

"Originally Posted by roteague
    David is on the level. I'm convinced that his information comes from Aggie's son, and that he isn't pushing any kind of agenda."

We (Roteague & I) have exchanged PM's and I stated clearly "The details of Aggie's problems etc are not the issue, it's the way he parcelled it up."

I don't feel that FocusMag's original post was totally honest and purely informative, information was not clearly stated and seems cloaked in a hidden agenda.

There was a lot of lively debate on APUG, where this post was cross posted, which was unfortunately deleted by a moderator who is also taking part in this thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by FocusMag View Post
    I'm a little surprised/dissappointed there hasn't been more of a response to this.
    Had your original post been more objective, simple and focussed I'm sure response would have been far greater.

Before finishing I just re-read your original post, it constantly refers to you:

I am in no way affiliated
    I do not control anything
    nor do I have any influence
    I am only someone
    I have no knowledge
    I am the only one to know.
    I can't even have the honor o
    I could be of any help to her.
    I recently received an E-Mail
    I have received one e-mail
    I have no knowledge
    It may or may not -- I have no knowledge of that whatsoever.

And that's just from the first paragraph. Later you go on to ask why people bought and read "Emulsion Magazine" surely none of you business particularly in this post.

Hardly any of your post was about the unfortunate medical situation Aggie is in, and there were no suggestions of how anyone might help.

I have to compare this to the response on APUG 18 months ago when a popular poster had to undergo chemotherapy and where a number of people offered and gave him a lot of help & moral support.

Ian

I think David is just trying to keep everyone from jumping to the wrong conclusion about why he posted what he did, that is all. Why Aggie chose to write David, only she knows, but she chose him to be the conduit to the photographic community, and I think that we need to respect her decision.

There is no doubt in my mind about David being on the level. He really has nothing to gain otherwise. Emulsion is no threat to his magazine, nor does he lose or win by its either dying or starting anew.

IMO, this thread was "DOA"! Any regular visitor to this forum knows why.

I think that it is important for our community to wish any member good health and luck, especially when they are having challenges.

I have known Aggie for over 5 years. We were formerly "neighbors". I will start a thread for "get well and best wishes" that, hopefully, not be perceived as tainted, as this thread obviously is, I'm sure that the wishes will somehow make their way to Aggie.

Cheers,
    Geary
    Last edited by Geary Lyons; 20-Jan-2008 at 16:26.

Whatever FocusMag's motives for the original post, it was unfortunate in its structure and incomprehensible messages.

First and foremost is Aggie's health, Geary has posted a separate thread.

Second is discovering the status and possible future plans of Emulsion magazine, this appears to be totally dependant on Aggie regaining good health, no co-workers appear to be prepared to take any responsibility and come forward.

Perhaps what David should really have been saying is:

As some of you may already know Aggie is seriously ill, and there is no knowing when she will be in a position to resume working on Emulsion magazine.
    Meanwhile the magazine is on hold, please be patient. Then apologies to subscribers etc............

Ian

Ian, when I want you to speak for me, I'll let you know. Capiche? You know, it's people like you that give online forums a bad name. I've come here, out of my own kindness, taking my time to relay a message to members of this forum that Aggie is in poor health and to garner ideas as to what could make Emulsion a better publication. That's it. Anyone else who wants to sit on their little soapbox and pretend I'm doing this for some other reason, needs to get their heads examined, because that's just absolutely sick and disgusting. I'm done here.

maybe you should get Aggies permission before you stick your head and ass in Emulsions business.

lee\c

Quote Originally Posted by FocusMag View Post
    ...You know, it's people like you that give online forums a bad name...
    Yes pot, the kettle is black.

Consider focusing on your own magazine:

http://photo.net/neighbor/view-one.t...hbor_id=330821

Quote Originally Posted by lee\c View Post
    maybe you should get Aggies permission before you stick your head and ass in Emulsions business.

lee\c
    Aggie wrote him directly. I would say that gives him permission to be involved. If you had read the thread, you would have realized that.

roteague after he wrote her if I read the first post correctly.

lee\c

vickersdc

Guys, can we stop this thread now?!

I realise that if you've paid for something and not received it, that's an emotive issue. The problem with emails / posts on threads / etc. is that there is no intonation and things can be read and misread.

But, please - can we stop all the character assasination? Could we please all agree to wish Aggie a speedy recovery and leave it at that? For me, this thread is just degenerating into a seething mass of hatred. (OK, perhaps a bit strong(!), but you get the point).

David Vickers.
    http://creativeimagemaker.co.uk