Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisner Mfg. Co. Status???

Re: Wisner Mfg. Co. Status???

LF SLR is nothing new, there has been a couple of companies over the years that have made them, graphic made a SLR LF camera in the early part of the last century.

Dave

It looked like the one that I think can still be seen on his web site. Very much like an old Graphic "D" (I think that is the model) but with nicely varnished wood instead of black leather covering.

Wisner’s SLR was not as full-featured as the old Graflex SLRs, but is was purty and projected for a price not uncompetitive with Lens & Repro’s refurbs. It was an interesting idea at a market-sensitive price, like his 8x10 Traditional, whether or not it would have been delivered on time or in usable condition, unfortunately.

IIRC, that camera had a standard between-lens Copal shutter- which would have made it impossibly clumsy and slow to use. Without instantaneous exposure capability, there would be almost no advantage over using a view camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Parker View Post
    Where do people that make statements like this come from?

That is so far from the truth that it is funny!

Geeze talk about doom and gloom...

I am hear to tell you film is doing quite well and will continue to do so, for a great number of years!

God..

Dave
    I think you misunderstood him. I don't think he meant film in general, just the particular Polaroid film he was talking about. In any event, your message was uncalled for. Different people have different ideas about the future of film. Since none of us can predict the future there is no right or wrong and everyone should be free to express his or her opinion without getting lambasted for it.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Frankly, I was about to make a post similar to Brian's rather mild statement, when I saw his. I thought Asher's point was pretty clear.

Jeez, is it the full moon or something?
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Why is it when one person posts their "Opinion" then another posts their "Opinion" about that persons opinion....

Awe forget it, I guess I mis-read the statement, I am sorry Asher!

As far as a full moon, don't know, all I have seen since Dec is Clouds and snow, to the tune of 4 feet outside my back door!

Where do people that make statements like this come from?
    Hi Dave,

First I'm not offended. I do get disappointed with some tendency here for a few to talk about newer posters in 3rd person! Why not address your displeasure to me, after all, my name is there for you to quote. I recognize that at best we can only be perfect 99% of the time. So go ahead, correct me if you are convinced I'm wrong. Most people are open to any opinion you or anyone else might offer. In this case, I'd first assume first that the poster was competent but that there was a misunderstanding and ask a question as Ted Harris did.

This forum is so rich in experience and helpfulness. Encouraging new users fosters the survival of different films by expanding the base of LF photography. A stance, at best dismissive, works against this community. Still, I would offer that there is no loss to our arguments presented with courtesy.

So to the extent that I was not clear, my apologies. Still, we are faced with the loss of the 20" wide rolls of Polaroid needed for ULF Polaroid photography.

Kind thoughts,

Asher

Asher,

I apologize, I apparently mis-interpreted your posting...about film...But I will note, I was Not the only one..

anyway, it is over now..

Dave

Asher,

I apologize, I apparently mis-interpreted your posting...about film...But I will note, I was Not the only one..

anyway, it is over now..
    Thanks Dave,

My new 8x10 camera will be shipped from Chamonix "in approx. 2 weeks". By chance, do you supply them the ground glass.

Asher