Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New work from Mexico on my site!

Re: New work from Mexico on my site!

Beautiful work. Love the website. You should get published one of these days!

Very nice work and presentation. Oaxaca is a very interesting region and there's thousands of photos to be taken. I spend 9 days close to Tehuantepec Isthmus in 99 and would love to go back again

Quote Originally Posted by claudiocambon View Post
    Weeks before we go off again for 2 months, here finally are the fruits of the 3 months spent there earlier this year in Oaxaca, Chiapas, Tabasco and Veracruz, or at least a rough edit, subject to a few additions and removals. It's almost all with the Technika. Enjoy, and Happy Holidays to everyone!

www.claudiocambon.com/mexico

I gladly also plug my site designer, Daniel Hopkins, who I think always does the flash just right; email me, and I'll be happy to pass his info along.

Beautiful work.

Let me remark that I know Oaxaca well, having spent two or three weeks there every year for the past six or seven years. I think your work captures the color and artistic creativity of the people of Oaxaca. When I went there for the first time I was blown away by the fantastic color that one sees almost everywhere. And creativity runs through the blood and soul of the population. One of my friends there, a native zapotec woman, once commented to me, "we (she meant zapotecs) are not pretty people, but art runs through our blood."

My wife, who had been going to Oaxaca for many years on her own before I finally accompanied her, commented to me before my first trip, "don't plan on doing that B&W work that you like so much in Oaxaca, because the color is just too extraordinary to ignore." She was right, and it took me several trips before I found a way to find my B&W world there.

I am going back soon to Oaxaca for a visit of a few weeks. Your photography makes me want to be there now.

Sandy King