Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Joel Meyerowitz interview

jetcode

Re: Joel Meyerowitz interview

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Gasteazoro View Post
    LOL...if you call that "analysis"....I call it psyco babble BS from a third rate mind. Anyhow, when I get incompetent customer service people on the phone, rather than wasting time with them I just simply tell them to have a nice life answering phones and hang up, so....have a nice life aligning enlargers.
    if your position and truth is so secure why the need to trash others?

Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post

Because some people can only feel big if they manage to make someone else feel small. Their version of having a nice life, I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    Because some people can only feel big if they manage to make someone else feel small. Their version of having a nice life, I suppose...
    Or it could be that some people don't take shit from anybody, unlike people like you...

Marko, Jetcode, don't worry about me, I realize that it is just his personality style. And I do not think it is a bad personality style, nor was I trying to give Jorge "shit". It is just good to know when trying to relate to someone else. I am more of an analytical/amiable personality type. I like to think things through. Driver personalities (such as Jorge) often get fed up with those of my personality types...we seem to be slow thinkers. This is because analytical types like to think of all possibilities...we come to decisions way after driver types have made up their minds and are ready to move on.

I think it is helpful to know ones general personality type...one's strengths and weaknesses and how one relates to those of other personality types. I tend to be a procrastinator (drives my wife, who is also a driver personality, crazy.) This is because as an analytical type, I prefer to know all I can know about how to do a project before I start it. Knowing this, I can see my procrastination, the reason behind it, and force myself just to go for it -- without waiting for all the facts. And generally, I find that all goes well and that I learn what I need to know as I go.

But since both my wife and I know each other's personality style, we can work with each other better...she knows that I just need a little more time to think of the possibilities, and I know how to deal with her quick, seemingly not-thought-out decisions.

Knowing this sort of stuff is very helpful in office situations. For example, someone who is a strong amiable type hates to make waves, wants everyone to be happy and has a hard time saying "no" to anyone. So if cornered, they will say "yes" to make everything seem okay -- even if they have no intention of doing anything. What may seem as flacky or even passive-aggressive, is just their personality style. So when dealing with an amiable type, make sure that they have the possibility to say "no" without feeling pressured to say "yes"...it cuts down one aggravation when they seem to be dragging their feet and not doing what they said they would do.

So while he has me shaking my head sometimes, I think Jorge is probably an alright guy. His personality style is probably even stronger on-line than face-to-face, as we all are dealing with electronic posts, not real people. The best way to deal with him is to smile, mentally pat him on the head, and let him have the last word.

Vaughn

PS...I'd better get to those enlargers!

The best way to deal with him is to smile, mentally pat him on the head
    Funny, how condescending behavior comes from those who try to make up for their defiencise with "explanations", personality "analysis" when they ar enot even qualified. You seem to be a frustrated wannabe psycologist, if anybody is going to pat you in the head is me....at least I achieved my goals...

jetcode

my comment is an observation for everyone to consider including myself

my comment is an observation for everyone to consider including myself
    Point taken, thank you.

vaughn

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Quote Originally Posted by Michael T. Murphy View Post
    Others seem to prefer to express their opinion, which essentially equates to an argument that goes something like: "I am not familiar with him, I don't like that kind of work, so he must be irrelevant to the history of the medium." Rather arrogant, but of course no-one really cares about such a vacuous \
    Raving anti-intellectualism and the repetition of logical falacies seem almost as popular with some people as Ansel's late landscapes. Don't ask me why.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Is it over yet?