Thread: Printing problems with Epson 2400, CS3, Leopard

Printing problems with Epson 2400, CS3, Leopard

I'm having a bit of a nightmare trying to print to my Epson 2400 from CS3 from my Mac, all was fine when I had CS2 and OS 10.4, but now I've upgraded to Leopard it's all gone wrong!

So can anyone help?

My settings in the print box are set to Document (Profile: Adobe RGB (1998) - Photoshop Manages Colors - Printer profile is the custom one for the Photo Rag paper I'm using (wasting at the moment - and it ain't cheap!) Perceptual Rendering.

Then I press Print...

The problem is the Driver dialog box looks nothing like it did – is this due to upgrading to Leopard? I can still choose most of the settings from 'Printer Features' but the options don't look the same as they did previously. Also (and I think this may be the problem), under 'Color Matching' there's no option to choose do not colour manage – ColorSync is automatically selected but it's grayed out so you can't change it.

The result is prints that are way to orange all over, it looks nothing like the image on my calibrated screen.

Any help would be most appricated

Re: Printing problems with Epson 2400, CS3, Leopard

Leopard has problems... It's the new Vista. Hearing all sorts of issues cropping up. I never install an Operating System on any computer until it's a year old, and or has it's first major Service Pack. Just Google..... Leopard problems..... You'll likely (or should) reformat and revert to 10.4. Looks like Apple just pushed themselves over the threshold that Microsoft does on a frequent basis.

I do computer consulting. I admit that I am not an Appleboy, but I also do not have any clients running Vista, and I am reverting computers from Vista to Windows XP as fast as I can, and can't keep up with the demand.

Oh yes, and google ... Leopard and CS3....

Here is just one of MANY links related to that search. Did you upgrade to Leopard And CS3 at the same time?

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c053549

And now.... Google ..... leopard CS3 Epson 2400.....

You will see many references to your problem. I think in looking at all this, you should have first put CS3 on your 10.4 and run it until you knew it was stable and the drivers were all working as they should.

Then, talk with Both Epson and Adobe Before considering upgrading to Leopard. Then talk to Apple. Then, based on the promises and "solutions" they offer, upgrade to Leopard, with the full intent to revert back to OS 10.4 if the promises prove not to be true.

Epson have Leopard specific drivers for the R2400. I installed them and have had some of the best prints ever. Apparently, they seem to have solved the dark printing issues, to the point where I am going to have to take off the compensation layers I was having to use to get shadow detail to show correctly. My B&W prints are simply awesome compared with the old driver.

Thanks Kuzano and Joanna, I've done a bit of searching about and downloaded the new Epson 6.1 drivers and all is well again now, the pink/orange business is gone and I'm back to proper colours.

To be honest Kuzano I haven't had any trouble really since upgrading to Leopard a couple of months ago, this is the first snag I've come across, so fingers crossed.

Now if only I could get the St Cuthbert's Somerset Enhanced ICC profile to work...

It was surprising to me

Sorry to push the panic button on Leopard. It's just so surprising to see all the hubbub on Leopard. Not like Apple at all. Glad to hear your problem is taken care of. Also nice to see that Apple and other vendors are jumping on these problems.

Microsoft's solution on Vista has been to extend the service and support lifespan of Windows XP to the year 2014. Hmmm, what's the message there? Some talk in the industry is that Vista is going to be Microsofts next Millenia (ME). Efforts are being diverted to the next replacement OS.