Hey all, lets have a little chat.

I've decided to get a Graflex SLR, 4x5. I was fairly certain that I wanted an RB Auto Graflex (the one with the full front bed and long bellows and front rise), but I'm starting to wonder if I wouldn't be better off with a Series D (no front bed, standard bellows). One of my concerns was the ability to work with a longer lens. I've got a Bausch & Lomb 5x8 Tessar (about 215mm focal length) f/4.5 that I'd like to use. Will the Series D handle a 215 lens or thereabouts? What about a 240? Mostly what I'll be using this camera and lens for is portrait work (without a flash, so the Super D doesn't matter as an option), so portrait-type distances have to be taken into account to figure if the lens will focus close enough.

If you were in my position, which camera would you buy? I like the front standard construction of the RB Auto, which is the same as my 1913 Speed Graphic and allows for some front rise. I have no experience with the front standard of a Series D, can anyone tell me how robust the focusing and front standard is on that model? Overall impressions of either are welcomed as well!

Thanks all!
-Patrick