Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to get used CPA-2, CPP-2 processors?

Re: Where to get used CPA-2, CPP-2 processors?

I didn't want to pay too much for mine, so I lost out on a lot of auctions. The prices for "complete" outfits, i.e. with several drums, spools etc. often goes to the 4-500 €. I already had a couple of Jobo 2500 series drums, so I didn't bid that much, and one day, all of a sudden I won one CPA2 with lift for €200 + €40 shipping. It took some 6 months of patience though. (I made a simple roller base from a wood board and 4 small wheels, so that I could use my Expert drums, which worked nicely, but also made me more eager for a "real" machine.)
    I was a bit surprised to see that there was only one or two up for auction on the german Ebay at the moment. I'd say that on average there should be around 5 or so. (CPA/CPP2 with lift that is.)
    Just be a little bit patient, and you will find your processor at the price you want to pay.

Cheers
    Björn

Cooke, Heliar, Petzval...yeah

Exactly, if you plan ahead and watch market(Ebay) you will always strike a deal. For example, Fujinon 250 WS were going 6 months ago arounf $350. Last three went for $475. Lens is on the bubble, I won't buy it at this price.

And BTW, Christmas Season starts, people always pay more these days for goods. Now, it's a good time to sell things not to buy. Best time to buy is February - March and Jun - August. People need money at those times to pay taxes and go for vacation. They just sell stuff.
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

Thanks Bjorn and Peter for the input.
    I'm waiting for a CPP-2, plus some drums, I bought used in Luxembourg from a photo shop. I should had received it by now, but it seems the package is really huge and heavy. The sender is having a hard time to find a regular transporter (like UPS, TNT, etc...) to ship the goods, at affordable prices. However, finally, it seems he has now found a Portuguese truck company which can bring the package when he returns from Luxembourg this weekend, at more reasonable prices. If all goes well, I should have it by the beginning of next week

It is possible to use the epert drums without spending a ton on one of their processors. I use both 3010 and th much larger 3005 on a Beseler motor base easily found on ebay for around $20-30. I get really nice negatives this way. I use a funnel with a bendable end to get the chemistry in to the drum while it is turning on the motor base.

Hi Jordan,
    I already was aware of the beseler motor as a cheap solution for rotation. Although they aren't so easy to find in Europe, the main reason I've chosen the JOBO color processors it's because I need good temperature control for processing color slides. If B&W was my only concern, I would have probably gone your way or tried manual rotation with the JOBO roller base (or some kind of motor driven contraption first...
    Thanks anyway.

At last, it arrived today morning. Now, I've to read some instructions and make it work
    A Merry Christmas and happy New Year to the LF community.