Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wyoming Landscape Photography Project

Wyoming Landscape Photography Project

Hello everyone. I've been a long time lurker and finally decided to post. For the last few years I've been working on a Wyoming landscape photography project aimed at photographing some of the lesser known regions and subtle details of the state with a 4x5 field camera. I have totally committed myself to this endeavor and even recently moved from Utah to Wyoming to pursue it.

I've finally coded a website to showcase some of the work and I'd be pleased if some of you would check it out and maybe provide some feedback on my work up to this point.

The site is: http://www.wyominglandscapephotography.com

Cheers,
    Jansen

Re: Wyoming Landscape Photography Project

Those are some beautiful photos, Jansen. I live in Southwest Wyoming. I concentrate more on the stuff left behind by pioneers and more recent ranchers, etc. That makes it hard for me, as travel has become somewhat difficult. In the immediate area, subject matter is scarce. Settlers here had nothing when they came, and took it with them when they moved on. Vast empty country. Still, it's a very special place. Glad to see you here.

Great to have a passion Jansen, and your work shows it. Excellent work. My passion is the Australian Outback, but it is highly unlikely I can move there to pursue my passion ... so I do the best I can.

Jansen is single handedly responsible for the demise of my meager bank account.
    By way of selling me my first LF camera years back, a crown graphic.
    Damn you Jansen

I've been watching as jansen has built this project up for a long while now. Its keeps getting better and better.

beautiful work jansen.

Jansen,

You have certainly chosen a beautiful state to photograph. It is certainly one of favorite states for photography. Beautiful work by the way.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge

http://www.nelridge.com

Great project Jansen I wish you well and hope it turns out as you hope. I've bookmarked your site and will definitely check in to see how it's going. One comment on the page, I do have to use the scroll bar at the bottom of my screen to be able to read all the text. It just doesn't quite fit on my monitor, I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.8 on pc.

Thank you all for you encouragement.

Saulius, thanks for your comment. The site is optimized for for screen resolutions of 1024x768 pixels. This is the first site I've gone beyond 800x600 with but I wanted to display the images larger than usual. Judging by screen resolutions of most of the visitors to other sites I manage, I found that this would be acceptable to more viewers.

FYI my screen is set at resolution 1024x768

Hi Jansen. Great project and images! Although it's tempting to go to the Tetons and shoot away at the classic vistas, there is subtle beauty to be found in much of this state. Your images definitely reflect an ability to appreciate this. I live in the southeast Wyoming (Laramie) and am overwhelmed by the photographic opportunities in this corner of the state alone. A few pics are online here: http://www.brettdeacon.com/index.php. If you ever want to take your 4x5 out around here, let me know!

Brett

Thanks Saulius, I'll look into it.

Brett, I am planning some trips to the Laramie region soon. Vedauwoo in particular. Beautiful photos on your site...